Rash After Fraxel Treatment?

I got Fraxel treatment done three weeks ago for cafe au lait spots. They were healing normally, until yesterday. I woke up with a bad rash on the treated areas. The skin is swollen, red, bumpy, and very itchy. It is almost unbearable, I want to scratch the skin so badly. Is it a normal side effect? I mean, I understand that the skin is red, sensitive and swollen right after the treatment, but three weeks later? Is this serious? Are there any ointments? Will it go away? Please help!

Rash After Fraxel Treatment?

+1

Thank you for your question. See your doctor and evaluate all the creams you are applying, including sunscreens.  Some sunscreens can cause significant irritation after laser resurfacing. I hope this helps!

Bay Area Dermatologist