Will I be able to reach the figure I desire with just butt implants? (Photo)

Will I get the voluminous behind I seek? Curves & perfect booty to fill my jeans & Brazilian bikini for upcoming events?

Buttock augmentation options

+2

Allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere. There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation and Hip Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock/Hip Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak). Both are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection. Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest. Another tip is that if you purposely gain weight (i.e. fat) for the procedure, the fat you lose first as you get back to your baseline weight is that very same fat that was transferred into your buttock...so don't fall victim to this recommendation.  Although using your own fat is relatively safe, the one serious complication that can rarely (< 1%) happen is "fat embolism" in which some of the fat gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs, heart, and/or brain causing serious problems. This complication is more likely to happen with the larger amount of fat being transferred. This is even more likely to happen when using fillers like PMMA and hyaluronic acids. Also fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high tendency to migrate away from the original area they were placed and tend to stimulate a lot of inflammation and a subsequent disastrous amount of scar tissue/hardening.

Thus buttock/hip implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice). I prefer to insert the buttock implants through a 2 inch long incision over the tailbone (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks) and the hip implants through a ~ 1 inch incision just below the beltline above the hip region. The buttock implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle. In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle. Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure . And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is minimized to ~5%. Glad to help.

Depending upon the amount of your current fat reserves and their distribution, you may or may not be a reasonable candidate for fat transfer.  If you are wanting to utilize the fat to further augment your buttock in addition to implants, then I caution you against this.  The reason being that the fat needs to be placed into the buttock muscles for optimal survival, however, this is exactly where the implant needs to reside and thus risks infection and/or death of the fat.  Because of this risk, I frequently avoid fat grafting into a buttock that has an implant.  Bottom line, I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon specialist in buttock augmentation (whom performs BOTH implants and fat transfer so as not to be bias) to determine what option is best for you.  Glad to help. 

Buttock implants and fat transfer

+2
You can get close to your wish pics with fat transfer and buttock implants,however, you will not likely ever have the waist to hip ratio of your wish pictures because of the width of your torso/waist. Some patients naturally have a very narrow rib cage and this yields a very nice result if you augment the buttocks. I would consult with a few plastic surgeons in person for more information.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Butt Implants for Shaping and/or Fat Transfer

+1
In general butt implants do not have longevity and are fraught with complications. I personally, do not recommend them but there are a few (very few) surgeons who are ethical and honest about the results and who do place implants when fat is not an option. If you do decide on buttock implants , try to at least go small and let some fat transfer complete the contouring. The combination yields the best results. You would have to see if you can gain some more weight, since the more fat is available, the better the shaping. 
Good luck
Dr Ghavami

Ashkan Ghavami, MD

Figure inquiry

+1
Hello, thank you for the question and the pics. You will get enough volume in your  buttocks for the look you want, the problem I see are your hips, notice the women in the pictures you provided all have round and voluptuous hips, in contrast yours lack that volume. You have a small fat deposit in your trochanteric region which is below the hollow point I'm seeing in your picture. I see you had a tummy tuck done, but I don't see any marks of liposuction. In order to achieve the look you want, I would do liposuction on your back, waist and abdomen, as well as the small fat deposits in your outer thigh, I would do a fat transfer to your hips to make them round like seen in the pictures you provided, and place an oval intramuscular buttocks implant for the added projection. In sum I think your desired look is very achievable. Hope to have been of some help. 

Jose A. Leon, MD

Will I be able to reach the figure I desire with just butt implants?

+1
     I would place about 350 cc implants intramuscularly to give you a noticeable change in volume.  You may use the little bit of fat you have to place on top of the implants.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of butt augmentation procedures each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.