Will Microdermabrasion Work for Me?

I have a scar from a black eye that is over 5 yrs old i was wondering if the microdermabrasion will work for me!? I was asking due to the fact it could be a deep scar under the top layer. If not what is a good solution!? Thnk you!

Will Microdermabrasion Work for Me?

+1

Microdermabrasion helps buff out dead skin cells, its great for sun damage, fine lines/wrinkles. Without a photo, I can only assume from the description provided that it's a deep scar that only a strong invasive laser would help you.

Best of luck 

Yes! Microderms are great for scaring...

+1

Microdermabrasion is great for scaring. With Microdermabrasion you will need several treatments to get rid of the scar, depending the depth of the scar. There are faster ways to get rid of the scar, you can always look into resurfacing lasers such as CO2 lasers or Profractional lasers. Best of luck I hope this was some help!  

Richard

Richard Levine, MD
Boulder Dermatologist

Microdermabrasion use

+1

I best describe microdermabrasion as a skin polisher.   It can help very fine lines and sundamage by removing the very superficial layers of skin.  It can also be used to treat acne.

I do not use microdermabrasion for scars like you are describing.  A deep ablative laser such as Fractionated CO2 is one way I treat facial scarring in my office.  Of course it all depends on your skin type and the type of scar you have.  

Cynthia Golomb, MD
Miami Beach Dermatologist