Silicone Implants and Stretch Mark Removal in Florida? (photo)

My name is Desiree and I'm looking to get a breast augmentation done by June 14. I know that I would like 325-350 ccs(silicone) under the muscle and through the areola but I also would like a great deal on this. Currently 32b/ goal: full C 5'6 No breast lift. I also had a question of how I can remove a few stretch marks on my abdominal area that I received during my pregnancy. I have no stomach so I figure that getting a tummy tuck would not work:/. Any suggestions?

Treatment of Stretch Marks and Breast Augment

+1

Although there is no totally successful treatment for stretch marks, generally they are less visible when the skin is firmer, so any treatment that firms the skin might help.  If you do not need a tummy tuck, then perhaps some of the intense pulsed light (IPL) or other technologies that tighten collagen might offer some improvement.  If the stretch marks are darker than the surrounding skin,  the light-based treatments might also be effective.  Regarding a silicone implant breast augmentation, seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who has a good reputation for breast surgery.  For women who are very flat-chested, the new shaped cohesive gel silicone implants offer the advantage of creating a very sloping upper border to the breast, often considered a more natural look.

Stretch Mark Removal

+1

Removeing stretch marks is a common question. To date there is no solution to the problem shoort of removing the skin, ie a tummy tuck, but it does not sound like you need one.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Stretch marks and breast augmentation

+1

Certainly a breast augmentation sounds reasonable if you want to be larger, but unfortunately there is no great treatment for stretch marks.

Silicone Implants and Stretch Mark Removal

+1

Desiree, thanks for the question. You present a few difficult scenarios. It is very important to price shop but more important is the fact that you choose a board certified surgeon by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who you trust will choose the right implants for you after discussing you goals. Selecting implants requires that we take precise breast measurements and choose the implant that fits your body. I think it is great that you do not want a lift, however if it is needed to give you the overall best results I would consider the option, only if needed. As for the abdomen you need a physical exam. The only way to get rid of stretch marks below the belly button is to have a tummy tuck. If there are marks above the belly button sometimes they can also be removed with a tummy tuck, except for the ones that are very high on the upper abdomen. There is really no other good alternative out there. I would seek a full physical exam before any decisions are made.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Breast augmentation and treatment of stretch marks.

+1

Without seeing photos of you and examining you as a patient it is impossible to tell you clearly that the desired size for implants would be appropriate.  Be careful about shopping only for a good deal.  The old expression that cheap may prove to be very expensive( if you have a complication) has never been more true than with breast surgery..Stay with board certified Plastic Surgeons who have good recommendations always.

By the way, there are no good treatments for stretch mark removal at this time, if it were not for a tummytuck. There is a new technique that is called microneedling for treatment of stretch marks, but I have no direct experience with this and could not recommend it at this time.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Ready for “Mommy Makeover" Suggestions.

+1

Thank you for the question. Based on your description, you may be a good candidate for some type of “mommy makeover” surgery. Obviously, without direct examination it is not possible to give you precise advice.

Based on your comments of finding a “great deal”,  my best advice to you would be BE CAREFUL.  As I am sure you are aware, cheaper does not necessarily equate to good work and good work is not necessarily cheap.

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Silicone Implants and Stretch Mark Removal in Florida?

+1

There is nothing very effective for stretch marks which cannot be removed with a tummy tuck. 

As to the breasts, chances are that that modest size will fit, although only in the setting of an exam can that be verified. It  is time for consultations. All the best.