Would you recommend moderate or moderate plus? (photo)

I am currently trying to decide on what profile to go with. I am 5'7 120 lbs and have chosen to get silicone implants under the muscle and through the areola. I am currently a 32b and would like to be a full c. my problem area is the top, where i lack fullness. my side boobage is not that bad. I want my look to be natural and not so high up my chest. Any recommendations?

Choosing implants

+1

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Once a surgeon has this information he could better educate you on what type of implants would work best for you. It is hard to give more info without an in person evaluation or at least pictures.
Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Moderate or Moderate Plus

+1

Is your surgeon making you choose?  Or are you simply trying to control what implant you get?  Your surgeon should know your goals and desires as well as expectations and I would like to think your surgeon is better prepared to select the style of implant depending on what volume you wish to have.  There are so many variables that I always select the style, depending on what volume my patient likes.  It has to fit on the chest and who should know better then your surgeon. 

Curtis Wong, MD

Moderate or Moderate Plus implants.

+1

Thanks for the photos as that is helpful. You appear to have a good frame that would accommodate a Moderate Plus implant. This will give you a bit more projection and fullness in the upper part of your breast without the breast looking too wide. 

I use the Moderate Plus in the majority of my patients as I feel it gives the most natural appearance with relation to the base diameter and projection.

Discuss your desires thoroughly with your surgeon so he/she understands your goals.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

What size breast implants?

+1

Dear Desire.  It's difficult to answer your question without seeing you in person.  Your surgeon should measure the breast width and assess the elasticity of your skin to figure out which implant will properly fit your body.  If you try to stuff an overly large implant into your breasts, then the risks of complications increases (such as loss of nipple sensation, stretch marks, chronic pain, bottoming out, drooping, etc).  You may also want to consider a different access route.  The incision around the nipple has the highest complication rates (such as loss of nipple sensation, infection, capsular contracture, scar indentations, etc).    Hope this helps.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon