Options for Raising Drooping Cheeks?

I would like to have something done to raise my cheeks. i am only 22 but with genetics I have drooping cheeks like my dad and my brother. I had buccal fat removal to reduce the roundness in my lower cheeks, but now it hurts to smile because i am having to "raise my cheek pads" When I smile it makes me look like I have golf balls in my cheeks.

Cheek lift at 22 is a little extreme

+1

In my opinion, cheek lifts are not the best surgery in the first place. I would consider doing fillers or even better fat injections..

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek lift at age 22? No!

+1

At age 22 you do do not need a cheek lift or any surgery.  See a plastic surgeon for juvederm considrtion.  Dr George Commons, MD

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Volume enhancement for 22 year old when cheeks are "drooping".

+1

Lifting of the cheeks would not be indicated in a 22 y/o.  The picture is taken when the face is actively changed by smiling.  Evaluation is impossible under this circumstance.  The face must be neutral and several views are necessary.

Temporary volume enhancement is the place to start if anything is indicated.  Restylane or Radiesse can enhance the volume of the cheeks with no down time and very modest risks.

Options for Raising Cheeks

+1

With the picture you submitted, it is difficult to determine if your cheeks are fullwhen you're smiling or actually drooping, which is unusual in a young lady like yourself. A cheek lift may be appropriate but you need to be evaluated by a surgeon experienced in cheek lifts and cheek augmentation. For augmentation I use fillers or silicone implants.

Droopy cheeks after fat removal.

+1
I could give a better answer if I had a non smiling 3/4 view. I don't think your cheek could be lifted since at 22 your tissue probably will not have the elasticity needed to raise the cheek. A cheek implant or submalar implant may raise the area but I would need to see this. Wait at least 6 months since your last surgery.

Radiesse placed in the cheeks is an excellent option for sunken cheeks

+1

Augmenting the malar area, or, "cheek bones", is great for faces when done skillfully.  The goal is to give symmetric, proportional cheek bones that define the face, balance a strong chin, and keep faces looking youthful.

Almost any of the dermafillers may be used in the cheek area, my personal favorite is Radiesse.

Good luck in your search for information!  I invite you to check out our website, we have a lot of information on and lots of before and afters of cheek augmentation with fillers.

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Raising the cheeks in a young patient

+1

Most patients who are 22 are too young to have a cheeklift.

There is a subset of patients, however, who have fat in the face that is not well positioned and could benefit from repositioning, or a cheeklift.  However those patients are definitely the exception.

There are many types of cheeklift, designed to improve the lower eyelids.

More often young patients with hollowness under their eyes benefit from filler rather than surgery.

Referenced below are three articles on the subject.

Brent Moelleken, MD