Is Raising the Nose Bridge a Risky Surgery?

my nose points down. Is raiseing the nose bridge risky? My nose is so bad fillers wont work...

Risk of Raising the Nasal Bridge

+2

Raising the nasal bridge is not risky, but I don't know if this is appropriate for you, even though your nose "points down". The rest of your nose and surrounding facial features should be evaluated. Submit pictures or schedule consultations to discuss your individual needs.

Raising a bridge and the tip of the nose is a common and safe procedure

+2

Ones nose has to be functional and match the rest of the face.  Nasal surgery is a procedure that may require both reduction and augmentation as part of the same surgery.  The majority of Rhinoplasties performed in our facility require the use of cartilage to strenghten the nasal tip and support the airway at the same time make the nose match the rest of the face.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty can correct the nose shape that concerns you.

+2

Rhinoplasty can change your nose shape in many ways, depending on what you want your nose to look like.

The various parts of the nose can be reduced, lifted up, turned down, elevated or wahtever you like to achieve the nsoe shape you want.

The nose shape you want can be worked out by computer simulation before surgery so that you show the surgeon the shape of the nose you desire.

G. Gregory Gallico, III, MD, FACS
Associate Professor, Plastic Surgery
Massachusetts General Hospital
170 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02116
Tel: 617-267-5553
Fax: 617-267-5507
ggallico@partners.org

Rhinoplasty to raise nose bridge is common

+1

Raising the nasal bridge is a common procedure done during a rhinoplasty procedure. Synthetic tissues as well as the patient’s own cartilage are frequently used to improve the dorsal aesthetic line and augment in the nasal bridge. It is also important to make sure that the tip and the mid third of the nose will balance with the remainder of the new bridge.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Raising the bridge vs. raising the tip in a drooping nose

+1

I would have to see  pictures of your nose from the front and the side in repose and smiling. Then I could give a more pertinent answer.

If the nose points downward , augmenting the bridge would make it look even more down turned. It seems like the tip should be rotated (turned upwards).

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

A rhinoplasty can be performed to raise the tip of the nose.  Withotu photos or an evaluation it would be difficult to tell you what could benefit you.

Raising the Nose Bridge a Risky Surgery

+1

No not a risky surgery. But photos would have helped. seek 3 boarded PS in your area to evaluate you in person. Than decide on the operation. 

Video: Rhinoplasty

+1

If your nose points down, raising the bridge will make this look even more prominent. Your goal should be the opposite; lowering the bridge and raising the tip with suture suspension or a graft.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/facial-surgery-chicago/nose-reshaping/