Does raised / scared tattoo work inhibit laser removal?

It seems the outline of my tattoo's thin black line work is raised / scarred from being overworked or too deep. Is successful laser removal likely still possible?

Start with the Scar

+1
It sounds as if keloid scarring may have occurred.  If that is the case, I would recommend seeing a medical provider to treat the scar prior to starting laser tattoo removal.  Typically, keloids require steroid treatment, either topical or intralesional.  Once treated, laser tattoo removal should be effective.

Bentonville Dermatologist

Skin is already thickened

+1
It is likely that the skin will remain raised and thickened.  Also, if it has been tattooed more than once, it is likely that some of the pigment may remain.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon