I Have a Raised Scar on my Bottom Lip from a Huge Pimple when I Was 25. I Am 42 Now. Is it Possible to Remove? (photo)

It was a HUGE pimple. And when it popped, it took forever to heal since it was so big.

Scar on lip will respond well to laser and injections

+1

Your photo looks like the scar is lighter color than surrounding skin. If that is the case, then I would look into non-ablative fractional laser treatments such as Fraxel Re:Store. If there is a bump or thickness, that can be treated with injections into the scar. I use a combination of corticosteroid and 5-fluorouracil and it works beautifully on raised scars. I am in favor of these laser treatments over excision as the excision will leave a scar and the scar may return after excision.

Charlotte Dermatologist

I Have a Raised Scar on my Bottom Lip from a Huge Pimple when I Was 25. I Am 42 Now. Is it Possible to Remove?

+1

The light area could either be removed surgically and meticulously repaired or you could undergo medical tattooing the camouflage the pigment. Both can be performed in the office. Although, tattooing will have less downtime, you would need the treatment repeated periodically whereas scar revision will be permanent. I hope this information is helpful.

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/permanent-makeup/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar on lip

+1

I see no problem correcting the defect under simple local anesthesia very quickly in the office. Easily corrected problem.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon