Raised ridged scar?

I sustained a head injury requiring seven sutures at the back of my head, due to a faulty chair. It has left a ridged scar line. Will it flatten completely? It happened a month ago. It has made me feel depressed and diffident.

Raised scar on back of head

+1

It is not uncommon for scars to be raised in the initial healing period and it can take 6-12 months for the healing to completely occur. A month after the procedure, the scar should be improving though. It should not be becoming more raised. If you feel the scar is getting worse, you should have it examined. If you feel it is not getting worse, I would just give it more time to heal. If it is still raised after a year, it is possible that a scar revision could be done to improve it.

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon