Silicone Sheets for Raised Red Scar from BCG Injection?

Hi, I am a 36-year-old Asian male who had BCG injection when I was a child. The injection left me with a raised red scar that stretches about 3 inches long on my left arm. I am currently using Cica Care silicone gel sheets for a week now and pondering if it actually works to flatten and reduce the redness of the scar. Thanks.

BCG Vaccine scars and treatment for keloids

+1

I would use a combination of IIT and pulsed dye laser for these red scars resulting from the BCG injection vaccine.

Silicone sheeting for an old scar

+1

Silicone sheeting has been shown to be beneficaial for immature scars (scars that are fairly new). In your case with a scar that is more than 35 years old, I doubt that it would offer any benefit.

Silcone sheeting for hypertrophic scar

+1

Yes, silicone sheeting (without referring to any specific brand) have been shown to be of benefit in management of hypertrophic scars even if they are longstanding. Treatment for 12 hours a day and up to 4 months is usually advised.