Silicone Sheets for Raised Red Scar from BCG Injection?

Hi, I am a 36-year-old Asian male who had BCG injection when I was a child. The injection left me with a raised red scar that stretches about 3 inches long on my left arm. I am currently using Cica Care silicone gel sheets for a week now and pondering if it actually works to flatten and reduce the redness of the scar. Thanks.

BCG Vaccine scars and treatment for keloids

I would use a combination of IIT and pulsed dye laser for these red scars resulting from the BCG injection vaccine.

Silicone sheeting for an old scar

Silicone sheeting has been shown to be beneficaial for immature scars (scars that are fairly new). In your case with a scar that is more than 35 years old, I doubt that it would offer any benefit.

Silcone sheeting for hypertrophic scar

Yes, silicone sheeting (without referring to any specific brand) have been shown to be of benefit in management of hypertrophic scars even if they are longstanding. Treatment for 12 hours a day and up to 4 months is usually advised.