Can a Raised Mole Be Removed from the Eyebrow Without Losing Hair?

Raised mole removin it without losing hair can be done

+1

removing it though will require losing some hair but when you close the excision it should appear like no hair was lost in the first place. If you laser the mole away in this area there is a high likelihood for a bald spot in this location. Below is a video to illustrate our answer better. We have other informative videos and information on our website and a link is included to help you find us.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hair loss from eyebrow mole removal

+1
This is an excellent question. The response depends on the size of the lesion and its location. Shaving a lesion may be a solution but inapplicable if it demonstrates signs of malignant degeneration in which case complete removal would be necessary. If full excision. Is required or desired, care can be taken to preserving the eyebrow arch and the continuity of the hairline. You would be well advised to seek the services of a board certified plastic surgeon to perform such a procedure.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

How to Remove a Mole From the Eyebrow

+1

Moles growing within the eyebrow are quickly and easily removed in my office by one of two methods: a shave excision or an excision with suture closure. With a "shave excision" method. The mole is actually "shaved off" at a level just below the surface of the skin. This method is quite effective and leaves a minimal scar. No hair is removed or destroyed. When I excise a mole, I remove a simple ellipse of skin. I then use a "layer closure" using both dissolving and non-dissolving sutures to give the best cosmetic result. The area then typically heals with a small, linear scar that is hardly visible. Minimal hairs are removed.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Moles in the eyebrows are easy to fix.

+1

If the mole is darker than your normal skin color then excising it is best and the hairs adjacent to it cover it nicely.  If the mole is flesh colored then shaving it superficially will allow hairs to continue growing and it will look good.  Both are easy procedures under local anesthesia with no down time.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Eyebrow Mole Removal

+1

Good question. Yes, a mole can be removed from the eyebrow without causing a gap of bald skin.

Actually there are two different excision methods: shave or excision with suture closure. If the mole is "shaved" off, the key is to not go so deep that the eyebrow hair roots are removed.

With excision with suture closure, removing the roots of the eyebrow hairs is okay because the line of hairs is being pulled back together so there won't be a gap.

Mole removal in the eyebrow and scalp is done commonly so an experienced physician will have no problem giving you a nice eyebrow without the mole.

T. Wayne Day, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon