Raised Mole Removal Option?

I would like to have my mole removed and was wondering which option would be best. Thank you in advance

Mole removal

+1

I would highly recommend that you see a board certified facial plastic surgeon for an evaluation and possible treatment.  If the mole is raised, it may be treated with shave excision.  However, it is flat, then a complete surgical excision may be advised.

Raised Mole Removal Option?

+1

Raised moles are typically removed with shave excision. This is a very commonly performed office procedure for dermatologists and plastic surgeons. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Options for Removing Moles

+1

Removing moles is a common dermatologic procedure. There are a number of methods your doctor might use. The method selected really epending on the location, size and appearance of the mole. Some moles can be shaved flush with this skin. This approach generally works well with moles that are raised above the skin. Others need to be excised and stitched together in a fine line. If a mole has hair gorwing out of it, simply shaving the mole can leave the hair behind, so an excision might be a better option. Some physicians will use a laser to remove moles as well. To select the best treatment, I would discuss each of these options with your dermatologic or plastic surgeon as see what would give you the best cosmetic outcome.

Adam J. Mamelak, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon