This Raised Mole on my Face Looks Suspicious, Remove? (photo)

Hi, I am planning on getting this raised mole removed, and was wondering which method would be the most effective method of removal

Mole removal

+1

I would recommend that you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for an evaluation.  

Best method for removing a facial mole

+1

The best way to remove your mole would be an excision with suture closure using both dissolving and non-dissolving sutures to give the best cosmetic result. All methods of surgery will leave a scar but there are may ways to minimize the scar such as hiding it in the nasolabial folds.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Mole removal for a mole that is suspicious

+1

There are the ABCD's that you can look for that could suggest something suspicious in your mole. If you also want a diagnosis, excision is the best way to remove your mole.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Excision of dark raised moles does great

+1

Dark moles that are raised up are best excised under local anesthesia. The resultant scar would be minimal since it is hidden in the nasolabial folds. Expect to pay roughly $350-500 and it is so worth it. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon