This Raised Mole on my Face Looks Suspicious, Remove? (photo)

Hi, I am planning on getting this raised mole removed, and was wondering which method would be the most effective method of removal

Mole removal

I would recommend that you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for an evaluation.  

Best method for removing a facial mole

The best way to remove your mole would be an excision with suture closure using both dissolving and non-dissolving sutures to give the best cosmetic result. All methods of surgery will leave a scar but there are may ways to minimize the scar such as hiding it in the nasolabial folds.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Mole removal for a mole that is suspicious

There are the ABCD's that you can look for that could suggest something suspicious in your mole. If you also want a diagnosis, excision is the best way to remove your mole.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Excision of dark raised moles does great

Dark moles that are raised up are best excised under local anesthesia. The resultant scar would be minimal since it is hidden in the nasolabial folds. Expect to pay roughly $350-500 and it is so worth it. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon