Raised Line from Restylane, Looks Like a Keloid Scar. What Can I Do?

Hi I had fillers in my upper week 3 days ago it has left me with a red raised vertical line where she over filled or filled to deply it now looks as though I have a keloid scar Im really upset about it. what can I do how long will it take to go Im really worried

Restylane and swelling

+1

I would return to the provider after minimally 2 weeks - allowing time for the product to swell and settle in. Dermal fillers are easily massaged and manipulated and that's typically the first step to achieving a beneficial treatment with any filler.

Restylane... Unhappy with Results...

+1

You should follow up with your provider.  There is an enzyme, Hyaluronidase, that can dissolve the Restylane. 

Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Raised Line From Restylane

+1

Please return to your injector to be evaluated.  Restylane can be dissolved with an enzyme called Hyaluronidase.  It is usually very effective, works rapidly, and easy to do.  

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

It is appropriate to have this assessed by your injector.

+1

Generally it is advisable to give this a few more days to settle down.  However, occasionally we goof up and either place too much filler or the filler placed together with the water held with the product ends up being just a little too much.  The beauty of HA fillers is that the treatment result can easily be adjusted.  In the first week it is often possible to directly manipulate the material, after that hyaluronidase enzyme can be used to modify the treatment to your liking.