Any Treatments For Raised Keloid on Neck? (photo)

Is there any treatment for my keloid on my neck? (under the jaw line). I had an operation 3 years ago to remove a cyst and it has been growing since and it's very itchy at times. Please help. I am applying pure vitamin E oil at the moment.

Keloid surgery for the neck

+1

This keloid on the neck will do well with pressure treatment, IIT, and laser therapy.  Another option is surgery combined with the above.  

Treating a large keloid on the neck

+1

There is no topical/cream therapy for a keloid of this size. Your best option is intralesional cortisone (or 5-fluorouracil), sometimes with liquid nitrogen depending on your skin type. Much less commonly, the area can be cut out. Speak to your dermatologist about the best options for your skin type.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon