Is It Okay to Do Radiesse Fillers in Cheeks Before a Series of VI Peels with Boosters?

I have moderate acne scarring after 9 Fraxels, 6 Dermasweeps with light peels and one VI Peel. I need filler in both cheeks and I still have scars. I'm planning on using Radiesse Filler, but I still need to deal with the scarring issue.

Radiesse and VIPeel

+2

There isn't any problem having Radiesse and a VI-Peel done...meaning the products don't interact in any way but I wouldn't suggest doing them in the same day. (If someone is poking you with a bunch of needles and making holes you can imagine it is probably not the best idea to then brush acid on the face.)  VI-Peels probably won't be terribly effective for acne scars.

Dr. Grant Stevens          

Radiesse or HA fillers for acne scars after VI peels ?

+1

Radiesse is safe before or after VI peels but best to wait a few days either side to avoid extra irritation. Radiesse is a great filler for volume loss in cheeks but HA fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane are better for acne scars because they are softer and will look more natural when placed near the surface to correct superficial depressions.  If for any reason you are not happy, there is an enzyme that can break down any overfilled areas. This makes HA fillers safer for superficial corrections.   

Sam Naficy, MD

Chemical Peels are okay after Radiesse treatment in cheeks

+1

To answer your immediate question, there should be no issues with receiving Radiesse treatment before your Vi Peels.

It is not clear if the Radiesse is to fill smile lines on either side of your nose or to fill your moderate acne scars.  At SkinMD we treat acne scars with the fractional CO2 resurfacing  laser. For patients with moderate or severe acne scarring, one or 2 additional treatments may be needed, above and beyond an initial treatment.

Anifat Balogun, MD

Acne scars

+1

Neither the Fraxel , dermasweep will improve the acne scars. Infact the VI peel may not affect or improve the acne scars unless they are flat but red.

Radiesse ti the cheeck is and must be put deep on top of the bone and that is done to increase the cheeck volume no improvement on acne scars

Is it ok for radiesse with laser procedures

+1

The Radiesse is working on adding volume under the skin and the laser and peels have addressed textural issues on the skin. It is ok to get filler/ Radiesse (if this is what is recommended by your injecting physician)

Purvisha Patel, MD
Germantown Dermatologist

Chemical peels are ok after Radiesse

+1

The chemical peels should not interfere with the Radiesse. It is prudent to ensure that RAdiesse would be the best filler. Sometimes fillers spread beyond the depressed scar making the depression magnified by elevating the surrounding skin. If Restylane or Juvederm is used and that happens, then hyaluronidase can be injected to reverse the effect.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Radiesse and VI Peels for Acne Scarring

+1

Hi,

Yes, it is okay to have Radiesse before your upcoming series of VI Peels for acne scarring. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD