Is there change in contour or shape of upper eyelid? (photo)

I had congenital retraction in my left upper eyelid and I had mullerectomy in April unfortunately I got drooping eyelid and I had ptosis surgery ( external surgery) to increase eyelid week ago. My concern is the change in contour or shape in my left eyelid, is this because the eyelid was not increased enough? or This happened because of the surgery?. Do you think I need another surgery and how long I have to wait to do it?. Also what is the best technique to treat my case?

Ptosis and lid retraction

+1
With ptosis and lid retraction surgery I strongly advise patients to wait a minimum of 3 months before considering any re-treatment because even minimal swelling in the fragile eyelid skin can cause a slight change in the contour and position of the upper eyelids.  In someone with previous surgery I often have seen continued improvement up to six months.   At that time, if treatment is needed, it might be lifting or lowering depending on the position of both eyelids.  Lid surgey on one eyelid can affect the position of the non operated eye as well so sometimes it is the eye that initially appeared "normal" that may require treatment.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

You have a very complicated situation.

+1
Right now the left upper eyelid is very swollen.  This makes it impossible to know what the eyelids will look like when they are healed.  You might be ok or you might need additional surgery.  Unless there is a very compelling reason to intervene early, it is generally best to let the eyelid heal 6 to 12 months before considering additional reconstructive surgery.

Eyelid asymmetry a week following prior ptosis revision

+1
A week is too little time to evaluate the condition of your eyelids. I suggest you wait at least 6 weeks. You should realize also that probably there will never be perfection although I suspect that the asymmetry will be minimal. These things should be discussed with your surgeon.

Richard O. Gregory, MD