Do I Need Radix Graft? (photo)

i have consulted a surgeon.. he suggested a radix graft will also lengthen my nose. he showed the profile view with radix ht increased. i felt it was too heightened. how many mm increase will suffice.? i dont want the depression at the radix to be completely lost. i have seen photos of some in this website with too much high radix graft not giving a good look.

Radix grafting

+1

In our practice, we use computer morphing to help establish the surgical plan.  On profile, you radix should start ideally somewhere near your upper eyelashes.  Work with your surgeon to establish what is ideal for you.

Best Wishes!!

Radix graft

+1

A simple radix graft alone will blunt the radix area.  A dorsal augmentation of the entire bridge line of the nose up into the glabella will give a higher radix augmentation and balance out with the entire nasal dorsal profile.  If a radix graft is only placed in the glabella of the nose, it will not look natural.

Radix Graft Lengthening the Nose

+1

A radix graft lengthens the apparent length of the nose.  If you want the tip to move lower in relation to the face, extended spreader grafts can be placed.

Radix graft in rhinoplasty

+1

I agree that too much elevation of the radix may not look appropriate. The exact mm needed has to be determined clinically and any surgeon would have to examine you to answer that. With that said, your surgeon's opinion is correct; a radix graft would help to lengthen the nose.

Good luck!

Ahmed Abdullah, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need Radix Graft?

+1

This is a great question and I think from reading it you already had your answer.  A radix graft in my opinion would improve your profile specifically in the area in between your eyes.  I personally think your surgeon is on the right track.  That being said, if you don't like the way a radix graft looks on your surgeon's patients don't do it.  The goal of cosmetic surgery is to improve the way you look and how you feel about yourself. This is for you to be happy.  If you don't like the way a plan looks or sounds, don't do it and seek alternative opinions.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Radix graft?

+1

I am not a big fan of isolated radix grafts, because they can be palpable and visible.  Your tip does look a bit over-rotated.  Other options may be better but I would have to examine you in person. Good luck.

Do I Need Radix Graft?

+1

Ok, aesthetically based upon the photos provided: your nose appear short because the nasal tip is over-rotated at 120 degrees and the dorsum is low.  No, you do not need to increase the radix height but it would be helpful aesthetically to make the nose appear less short.  This can be done by tucking in the bottom-segment of the Columella.  This combined with thinning, of the nasla tip, could be done without a complete Rhinoplasty, IMHO.  The chin is also very weak.  A Chin Implant would augment the chin and balance the entire lower face.

Do I Need Radix Graft?

+1

You must understand that seeing and examining a patient in person allows better ways to determine if such a graft would be an option. My guess is yes. 

Radix graft, Dorsal lengthening

+1

The simple answer is yes if you desire lengthening of the nasal dorsum.  A radix graft will improve the profile, contribute to the appearance of narrowing and lengthening and is easily done at the time of a primary rhinoplasty.  You should also consider a graft at the tip of your nose that we'll also contribute to lengthening as well as refinement.

Edward Farrior, MD
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radix graft is very useful

+1

A graft to the root or top of your nose (radix) is a very useful method to improve your nose. The graft adds refinement and length to your nose. Computer modelling will give you a good idea of how your nose will look.  The amount of mm change will need to be worked out when you look at the different computer models showing differing heights of the graft.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon