Say I Get Radisesse On My Chin, Will the Skin Around my Chin Stretch? What Happens After the Radiesse Goes Away?

when the radiesse goes away after the 2 years or so, will the skin area be all dimply and stretched out? What if I do radiesse twice or three times? What are the side effects for that patch of skin/chin area.. say I decide to stop with the injections?

+2

Yes, the skin will stretch to accommodate the Radiesse to the chin.  Once the Radiesse dissolves, the skin and look of the chin will return as it was before the injections.

Volumizing Fillers Work Well For Nonsurgical Chin Augmentation

+2

Until relatively recently, the chin area has been a kind of "'blind spot," i.e. a neglected area in the minds of many patients and physicians. However, the chin area, via loss of chin bone, may play a crucial role in maintaining a youthful appearance to the lower portion of the face.

When the chin bone recedes as part of age-related changes in the face, analogous to the way we lose bone in our cheeks, fat in the center of our faces, and cartilage at the tip of the nose, the remaining skin redrapes itself over the underlying tissue and begin to hang. This contributes not only to a retruded chin, but to jowls along the jawline and even a more lax looking neck.

Volumizing fillers, such as Radiesse or Radiesse combined with Perlane L or Juvederm UltraPlus XC can nonsurgically restore the chin area and improve not only dimpling and collapse of the chin itself, but help to reshape the jawline and upper neck, as well. (In my practice in Israel where they are approved), I often use very robust volumizing agents, such as Juvederm Voluma, Restylane SQ, or Stylage XXL, either alone or in combination with Radiesse, to achieve very natural and longer-lasting results.

The presence of volumizing fillers, such as Radiesse, have been shown to stretch fibroblasts (the cells that make collagen) in the dermis and restore them to more efficient factories for the production of collagen. Hence, using these agents may in fact delay the aging process, NOT accelerate it.

Augmenting a chin can take no more than five minutes to perform and the results are typically quite gratifying.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Radiesse to Chin Area

+2

When injected properly by an experienced injector, Radiesse should not stretch or dimple the skin as it fades away.  It is a more robust filler that is injected more deeply, not superficially.  As with many other injectables, the most common side effects are local bruising and swelling, both of which resolve within a week. I recommend you consult with a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced in injecting Radiesse.  

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Radiesse on the Chin Area

+2

Radiesse is placed deeply to correct volume loss.  It is not placed superficially.  It will not leave the skin stretched or dimply when it dissipates.  The most common side effects are local swelling and bruising.  Please go to a competent injector who is very familiar with this product!

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Radiesse

+2

Once the Radiesse fades, there should be no long term detrimental effects. In fact, you might look better than before. Studies have documented growth of new collagen where fillers have been injected. This is caused by stretching of the fibroblasts - cells which produce collagen.

William M. Ramsdell, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse to the Chin and Concerns of Skin Laxity

+1

Radiesse to the chin as a kind of filler augmentation may not produce any residual skin laxity after several years. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Skin After Radiesse

+1

Skin is remarkably able to change in response to various volumes. With the amount of Radiesse required for a chin implant, there is almost no chance that you could develop any dimpling, stretch marks, etc. Skin will also retract to it's original appearance after the substance develops. I have never ever seen any complications involving the skin itself with a non-surgical chin augmentation

Cameron Rokhsar, MD