Radiofrequency for Malar Bags?

Is radiofrequency a good option for treating malar bags? If so, who does it? Is it different from Thermage?

I had a successful lower Blepharoplasty last year. However, that surgery does not correct malar bags. I still have a moderate malar bag under my left eye, which was there before the surgery.

Radiofrequency provides mild skin tightening

+1

Radiofrequency treatments such as Thermage or the new Pelleve' can tighten skin to a mild to moderate degree without any downtime. THey do not, however, provide the degree of tightening that surgery would. Laser resurfacing with either a fully ablative CO2 or a fractionated CO2 can also provide significant skin tightening.

It is impossible to say which of these procedures are appropriate for you without seeing how much skin tightening is required.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Thermage radiofrequency for malar bags

+1

Thermage is radiofrequency, a technology that delivers heating pulses through the skin in order to stimulate new collagen to grow. Unlike fraxel or chemical peels there is no downtime but the results appear over time. It might help with malar bags but without seeing you I can't say whether it is the best option or not.

Richard Baxter, MD