Will a Radio Frequency Treatment Reduce Under Eye Wrinkles and Crows Feet?

I had a lower blepharoplasty 9 weeks ago and are left with some under eye wrinkles.I also have crows feet. Will a radio frequency treatment reduce these? If so can I have this done now or do I need to wait until I am fully healed which I have been told is 6 months plus. What other treatments can you recommend for this area with little down time?

Under eye wrinkles after blepharoplasty

+1

It is not uncommon to have under eyelid wrinkles after a lower blepharoplasty that need to be treated. We typically recommend that patients wait at least three months and even up to six months before having that procedure. A laser or radiofrequency device are acceptable means to treat that area.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Timing of Radio Frequency Treatment After Eyelid Surgery

+1

Dear Shazz,  Thanks for the question.  The person who is best qualified to answer your question on the correct timing for use of radio frequency treatment after a lower lid blepharoplasty is your surgeon.  Since different techniques have different recovery rates, there just is no one set answer.  Radio frequency treatments around the eyes and crow's feet region has some success in many patients but there is quite a bit of variability in the results.  Multiple treatments may also be required.  Other options include TCA peels which will tighten the loose skin and wrinkles in these areas and require a downtime of a few days to a week.    Others prefer to use CO2 or Erbium lasers which again have similar downtimes.  Again, please discuss your concerns with your surgeon who can recommend your treatment options and the correct timing for performing them.   Good luck!

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Treating eye wrinkles

+1

1.  Make sure your skin is well-hydrated.  I recommend  Lumiere eye cream from NeoCutis.

2.  Determine if your wrinkles are dynamic- due to movement, or present at rest.  If due to movement, then Botox may help improve this area.

3. Radiofrequency devices such as the Exilis are an effective means to tighten the peri-orbital skin and diminish the signs of wrinkles. 

4.  The timing of the procedure is up to your surgeon, but I do recommend that you need to be completely healed before having another procedure.

Chicago Dermatologist