Radiesse and Facial Ultrasound

I had Radiesse injections in my nasolabial folds about one and a half year ago. I recently made an appointment for a facial, and the esthetician wants to use ultrasound, which is something I've never heard of. Is it safe since it is possible that some of the Radiesse is still there?

Ultrasound and Radiesse

+1

In all likelihood the use of ultrasound should not interfere with the Radiesse, especially, if it was injected over a year ago.

Use of ultrasound after Radiesse

+1

Ultrasound will help improve blood flow as it works similar to massage. Usually, I would say to hold off on such a treatment as the ultrasound may make the Radiesse dissolve sooner. Since your Radiesse treatment was a year and a half ago there is little chance that you are still benefiting from it and having ultrasound treatments at this time will be fine.

Sharon Theresa McLaughlin MD
Long Island City Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse OK with Facial Ultrasound

+1

Radiesse lasts about 1 year.  If it seems like it is still working it is most likely your own collagen that has formed in response to the Radiesse.  Even if some remains, any facial treatment should be fine now including microdermabrasion, lymphatic drainage and ultrasound. 

Janet M. Neigel, MD
West Orange Oculoplastic Surgeon