Had Radiesse Treatment for Naso-laibial Folds; Loved Results. 4 Months Later- Results Are Gone, Is This Normal?

I had a Radiesse treatment for naso-labial folds; no problems, loved the results. However, 4 months later, it's gone! What would cause such a quick reabsorbtion, especially when Radiesse is touted as lasting 6-12 mos.? Should I try a different filler?

Radiesse gone in 4 months.

+1

4 months seems a little too soon for the filler to metabolize. I suggest making a follow up appointment with your office and have them compare before and after photos. While this could happen, you would want to speak to the doctor that did the initial injection. Best of luck to you!

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

No, Radiesse typically lasts about 1 year.  If a minimum amount is used, when some dissolves the results appear to be gone while they aren't.  Be sure the MD that does your filler injections understand and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty.  

Radiesse may require a "booster" after 3 to 4 months

+1

Radiesse is comprised of calcium-based microspheres suspended in a water-based gel. After the injections, over the next three to four months, the gel is gradually absorbed as it is replaced by your own collagen. Radiesse is not actually a filler but a stimulator of your own collagen which then acts to volumize tissue in a gradual, progressive, and predictable manner. Often I have patients who feel the Radiesse has "settled" too much after the initial treatment. When that is the case I will do a "booster injection" at the three to four month period. This will usually prolong the effect of Radiesse for fifteen to eighteen months. I try to make sure I explain this to all of my patients at the time of their initial injections.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse soft tissue filler

+1

Most patients experience longer lasting results than 4 months with Radiesse injections, although results are variable.  Remember you may not recall your starting point.  Its useful if your Dr takes before and after shots so you can accurately assess the results.  If you liked the product I would stick with it and see how it goes with a second treatment.  Finally results with injectable products  are not all or none.  You will see a gradual decline in the correction over the year,  its likely still there but  not enough to give you the result you had initially.

Philip Solomon, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon