Is Radiesse the best treatment for lines extending from the mouth to the chin?

I have had these lines for many years and they are fairly deep when my face is at rest. When I smile, they are not so noticeable.

#Radiesse for marionette lines?

+3
Radiesse, because of its cohesiveness, has a high " G-prime," which means it fills large volumes and lifts well.  I also like that it has a biostimulatory effect, eg., as it degrades, it also stimulates your fibroblasts to produce more protein.  It also is less expensive for the volume you get.  The only downside is that if it placed near a nerve, it can irritate it (not an issue in your case, but for example you would not use it under the brow or under the eye), and if it is placed too near to the surface of the skin, can cause nodules. It also is not immediately reversible, for which reason I often inject a (reversible) HA filler in someone who has never had fillers for the first treatment, and then 6 months or so later, inject Radiesse if the patient has liked the effect.

i do hope this has answered your questions, but if not, please contact my office!

All the best, Dr, Clark

Radiesse for the marionette lines

+1
Radiesse is one of the best fillers for treating the "marionette" lines. However, if these lines are excessively deep I will often use a "layered" approach and use a hyaluronic acid filler such as Restylane above the Radiesse as well. The video link above shows me injecting my wife with Radiesse into the lower cheeks, marionette lines, and jaw line!

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse for the laugh lines...

+1
Radiesse is an excellent solution for those troublesome laugh lines.  There are a few other fillers available such as Juvederm, Restylane and Perlane that also give a nice result as well. Since each patient can have different characteristics that many allow them to benefit from one filler more than another, it is best to consult with a physician that is highly experienced in injectable fillers.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse for filling the chin area

+1
Radiesse is a good product to use in this area. It is commonly used to supplement the jawline/chin area. However, it is best to have a consultation with a board certified Dermatologist or Plastic surgeon, as there are a number of other treatment modalities that may be more appropriate in your case, such as C02 laser therapy. 

Jennifer Ahdout, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Treatment for lines

+1
No, not necessarily. One cannot make a statement like that without considering the needs of each patient. Radiesse is an excellent product with a track record of being safe and effective for restoring the lower midline volume, i.e. nasolabial folds. There is competition in this arena which is quite stiff and the needs of each patient has to be reviewed and considered.

Michael Stefan, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Customizing Combinations Of Fillers Works Well For Treating Deep Marionette Lines And Submental Crease Region.

+1
There is no substitute for an in-the-flesh consultation to determine the best injectable approach to nonsurgical facial rejuvenation. When volumizing agents are felt to be appropriate, the choice(s) can be tailored to individual needs. Today there is no need for a one product fits all approach to injectable rejuvenation of any area of the face.

For deep marionette folds, I prefer the combination of Radiesse, a calcium-based volumizing agent, and Restylane SubQ, a robust hyaluronic acid volumizing agent for nonsurgical chin augmentation. Radiesse is known to stimulate neocollagenesis (native collagen production), which is an added plus of this agent, and Restylane SubQ gives remarkable and relatively long-lasting lift.

Atlhough I routinely use Restylane SubQ in my practice in Israel, it is unfortunately not yet available in the United States.   In my Upper East Side NYC practice, I combine Radiesse with Perlane L (another member of the Restylane family of products). Occasionally, when there is also a need for contouring in the region of the submental crease, I might choose to add Juvederm Voluma to the treatment mix. 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Treatment for nasolabial crease and jaw lines

+1
Yes, Radiesse is a very effective filler for use in this area.  I prefer it to the "thicker" fillers such as Perlane because there is less of a chance of lumpiness.  Fillers are manufactured by different companies and have different chemical composition but know that the manufacturers always promote their own product.  As a plastic surgeon, I feel that, if one product works well, it is most efficient to use it and to monitor its efficacy for a given patient.  You won't get that kind of evaluation if you flip back and forth among products.  You are absolutely correct that whenever the face is animated, these creases become more evident.  Best wishes. Dr Kraft

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Treating Facial Lines

+1
There are many kinds of dermal fillers.  Radiesse is a great dermal filler and is in a class of its own.  Advantages are that it is long lasting, has more filler per syringe for about the same price than the HA fillers and can be longer lasting than most.  A disadvantage is that it cannot be reversed.  The HA fillers are Voluma XC, Juvederm XC, Restylane, Belotero, and Perlane.  These are also all great and used on different parts of the face depending on what is being treated.  Voluma is the longest lasting but is also the most expensive.  All HA fillers have the advantage of being reversible or "meltable," which is good especially for first time filler patients.  

Good Luck.  

David Shafer, MD

Radiesse or a hyaluronic acid filler

+1
The lines extending from the mouth to the chin are very popular areas to treat with dermal fillers.  These lines can age your face dramatically and also give the mouth a downturned or frowning expression. 
There are many filler choices for this are- Radiesse is definitely one of them.  The other options you have are the hyaluronic acid fillers like Restylane, Juvederm, or Perlane.  There are advantages and disadvantages to each of these fillers and without a photo it would be difficult to say which one is right for you.
Radiesse is calcium hydroxylapatite within a gel matrix.  The benefit to Radiesse is that it typically lasts longer than the hyaluronic acid fillers and it stimulates your body's own collagen growth where it was injected.  The downside to Radiesse is that if you don't like the look of it or if you get a firm bump or nodule after injection it is not reversible.
The hyaluronic acid fillers don't tend to last quite as long- however you're less likely to get a nodule after injection.  Additionally, hyaluronic acid fillers can be "reversed" with hyaluronidase if you don't like the look of the filler or if you do get a nodule or lump.
I would recommend that you consult with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon in your area.

Erica Linnell, MD
Seattle Dermatologist