I've Been Using Radiesse - Can I Switch to Silikon 1000?

I've been having Radiesse injections in my cheeks for over a year - I relaly like the results. My docotr and i were discussing something more permanent - if I decided to go with a permanent filler like Silikon 1000, do I need to wait until all the Radiesse has dissolved from my cheeks?

Silicone is Ideal Filler and Can Be Used After Radiesse

+1

Silicone is the filler of choice in our practice. I was lucky enough to learn from the world's leading authority on it, my mentor and father, Jay G. Barnett, MD. Silicone is the ideal filler because it is precise and permanent, giving very natural-appearing results. In the right hands, the hands of board-certified dermatologists, ENT, or facial plastic surgeons who have experience and training with silicone, it is in my opinion, the ideal filler.

I do not agree with the answers of most of the other physicians. It is allowed by the FDA as an off-label use, which makes it legal and safe. There are many things we do in medicine and cosmetics that are off-label. Regarding your question related to Radiesse, I would recommend you wait until you think all the Radiesse is gone before you choose to have silicone or any other filler. It is not because you have to be concerned for any reactions, but we prefer to evaluate patients at their baseline. Please feel free to check out our website, where we have plenty of information and photos on silicone. Hope this helps!

Radiesse vs permanent fillers, Radiesse is safer

+1

I dont't use permanent facial fillers in my practice for several reasons. First is that the aging processes in the face continue over time and permanent fillers may not move with the rest of the soft tissues. So the product that looks good now may look obvious as the rest of the cheek sags over several years. But even more importantly, a permanent product can cause permanent complications. Permanent fillers act as foreign and in some cases can cause chronic inflammation leading to granulomas, areas that weep, drain or are chronically infected. Radiesse lasts for months and has minimal risks. If it has worked for you, I would stick with it and steer away from those permanent fillers and their risk of a permanent problem.

Elizabeth Slass Lee, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Silicone injection

+1

Silicone should not be used as a filler.

It is not approved by the FDA to be used as a filler.

The history of silicone injection taught us the horroble complications of injecting free silicone. Stay with radiesse or more permanent fat injection

Radiesse vs. Silikon

+1

Radiesse is known to be dissolved after about a year, but Silikon is permanent. If you have a delayed enlargement, granuloma, from the Silikon, it might have to be removed surgically which could leave a scar. Make sure you discuss all the risks with your physician for this off-label use. Long term reactions may be rare, but they do occur and one should always consider this when contemplating a permanent filler.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Silikon_1000 Microdroplet Injection in Patient With Radiesse

+1

Hi 6112anon,

Silikon-1000 should be injected with a micro-droplet technique. Silicone is permanent and there is no room for error, so please make sure that you choose a most experienced and skilled injector. Since the injections are micro you need not wait for the radiesse to be absorbed.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD