How Long for Radiesse Swelling to Go Down?

I had Radiesse injections yesterday to smile lines between the nose and mouth. My upper lip is swollen. I look like a Who from Whoville. I'm using ice and Arnicare Gel. Help? I was told I could go back to work; I don't think so! I honestly look like a Who.

Swelling can vary

+1

Swelling can vary and can go down immediately or can last for a couple of days or more. Usually swelling will not last longer than a month.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Swelling in lip from Radiesse smile fold injections

+1
Rarely people can get swelling of the lips for different reasons when the smile folds are injected. See your doctor and they may prescribe a corticosteroid which might make it go down quickly, and possibly recommend Arnica, an herb.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Swelling After Radiesse Injections

+1

Hi Who,

Oops, not the look that you were going for.  Discuss your concerns with your injecting physician.  If the swelling is due to swelling from bleeding, then it should resolve over the next week.  If it is due to too much Radiesse, then it will take much longer.  I hope that your swelling resolves soon and that you do not need to seek employment with Dr. Seuss.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD