Is Radiesse Suitable for a 38 Year Old?

Hi, I am 38 years old. I want to ask, in this age is it suitable for me to use Radiesse for laugh line or not?

Age is not a factor

+1

Radiesse is actually FDA approved for correction of moderate to severe facial folds and wrinkles including nasolabial folds (laugh lines). Age is not a factor but the amount of correction you need is. If you have fine lines, Radiesse is not a good option. If you have deeper creases, Radiesse may be an option for you, but in this area I prefer a hyaluronic acid filler such as Restylane/Perlane or Juvederm Ultra or Ultra Plus.

I do use a lot of Radiesse in my practice (along with the other fillers) but I usually reserve Radisse for augmentation of the cheeks and jaw line.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Try Restylane or Juvederm

+1

Radiesse is for moderate to deep folds and you may not need this level of correction. Restylane or Juvederm is more likely a better treatment for your young age.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Radiesse can definitely be used for 38 year old

+1

I am not sure whether you refer to the laugh lines as canthal creases or more likely the naso-labial furrows.  If you refer to the latter then Radiesse is one option while Perlane is certainly another. 

S. Randolph Waldman, MD
Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse is not good for laugh lines.

+1

Hi!

In Manhattan, we use Restylane for laugh lines (along with Botox) because it is safer.  But your age is not an issue. We treat patients from 30 to 70 and more. But avoid Radiesse in this area.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)