Does Radiesse Stretch the Skin So That There Are More Wrinkles in a Year's Time?

Can Radiesse Stretch the Skin?

+1

Hi Alex.  All physicians we have spoken to about this issue believe that the skin will return to the same state as before the injection took place.  We have not had any patients tell us that their skin has "stretched" out because of the Radiesse.

In fact, research shows that when placing dermal fillers like Radiesse in the skin, new collagen is developed as fibroblasts are developed to fill in areas created by the injection product.  This should in turn make skin more resilient and elastic rather than less so.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/radiesse-injections-more-info.aspx

Fillers and Wrinkles

+1

After volume correction with most fillers, your face will return to baseline as the filler goes away.  Although this is a common question, I have never seen additional wrinkles formed 6-12 months after the filler.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not likely you'll have more wrinkles following fillers like Radiesse

+1

This is a common question that patients have following filler treatments.  The general feeling by most physician's is that fillers don't make the skin or wrinkles worse after they've dissolved.   In fact there is some scientific evidence that suggests  that the slight skin stretch with fillers may cause collagen production by fibroblasts (collagen producing cells) and make skin/wrinkles better long term.   This has yet to be proven.  But  even barring this effect the skin has a tremendous capacity to expand and contract and any permanent irreversible stretching from fillers is highly unlikely.   In my own practice, I think patients are the same if not better after the filler dissolves. 

Long Island Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse does not create more wrinkles

+1

The volume restored by filling does not stretch the skin so that wrinkles are noted more than at baseline when the filler dissolves. The aging process does continue and sunexposure does make wrinkles much worse.