Had Radiesse but Smiles Lines Still Very Noticeable. What Should I Try at my Next Follow Up?

I had 1 syringe of Radiesse injected in the nasolabial folds with a little bit into the "apple" of my cheek near the nosr. On my follow up I had another full syringe of Radiesse injected mostly in the checks and a little it into the smiles lines. It's been two days and the swelling is not bad, but the lines around the mouth are still noticeable. Should I try different type of filler specifically to fill the smile lines?

Radiesse and Still Laugh Lines

+1

Radiesse is good for volume at a deeper level.  However, if the lines are more superficial, Belotero may be a better choice.

Radiesse Results

+1
What's unique about Radiesse is that it acts as a scaffold under the skin, providing structure and stimulating your own natural collagen to grow. This process continues for several months, which extends the initial effect of the treatment. Therefore, since it has only been two days, I would suggest being patient and allowing more time for the results to unfold.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Smile lines

+1

Without a picture it is very hard to direct you as to what product you may need.  First thing to evaluate is if the fold has been adequately corrected.  If the fold is adequately corrected and there is still a superficial smile line visible, I would consider Belotero Balance to treat the superficial line.  While Radiesse and Juvederm "fill" folds, Belotero Balance tends to "smooth" the surface lines.  Hope this helps.

Cheryl A. Hull, MD
Rogers Dermatologist