Feeling the Radiesse in Nasolabial Folds Normal?

Is it normal for me to still be feeling the Radiesse filler within my nasal folds after 2 months? I would have thought it would have smoothed out by now. If not, when will I expect to feel "normal"?

Radiesse Palpable in Nasolabial Folds Two Months After Injection

+1

Hi Sasha,

You may feel Radiesse in your nasolabial folds two months following injection, but hopefully you do not see lumps of the product. If it looks good then don't worry about it. If it doesn't look good see your injecting physician or another to see if anything can be done to smooth things out.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Not normal after Radiesse, but not necessarily a bad thing

+1

Radiesse typically will swell and feel firm for the first few days, and should not be able to be felt after about a week or 2. If you still feel it, it could be that there was too much placed in that area. Usually massaging the area can break this up. I would recommend that. Ultimately, it should get better on its own in about 9 - 12 months.

Steven F. Weiner, MD