Radiesse- Scarring Dissolves ??

I've had radiesse placed in my NL folds 14 months ago. Very unhappy. My NL lines look more prominent and i look tired. She put too much next to my mouth which gives me a sunken cheek look and pushes mouth down. 12 - 18 months, but what about the scar formation? Does the "new collagen" (scarring) go away too? I don't think it has subsided one bit yet. Please please tell me it will dissolve still. : (

Radiesse usually dissolves after one year

+1

By now there is pretty much no results of Radiesse left.  One of the things to consider is that the nasolabial folds are a symptom of the problem and not the problem itself. 

Nasolabial folds form when there is loss of volume in the central and lateral face above.  The loss of volume happens in bone, fat and soft tissue from the temples, along the the cheekbones and in the medial cheek.

Often just filling the nasolabial folds is not sufficient.  The above volume loss must be corrected to see excellent results.  Radiesse actually does an excellent job filling the temples, along the cheekbones and in the central cheek.  Filling the above areas will lift the nasolabial fold somewhat requiring much less filler to correct it.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

It is possible to dissolve Radiesse - should be done by an expert.

+1

Intralesional steroid injections can dissovle Radiesse, however there is some risk of skin dimpling with this treatment.  If the skin dimples it can be filled with a hyaluroic acide filler such as Perlane or Juvaderm and will eventually return to normal.  I would recommend a dermatologist who specializes in aesthetic medicine to do this treatment.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse

+1

NOT OPTIMAL RESULTS.

This may persist especially around the mouth. If this persists then to treat you will need liposuction around the mouth AND an aggressive face lift, where the skin is lifted to the areas around the mouth. remove the Radiesse and some fat or move it up and tighten the skin.

Radiesse for Nasolabial Folds

+1

Yes, the new collagen formed from your Radiesse injections will gradually fade over time. Some of the lines and sagging you have may unfortunately be due to your being one year older now. When properly injected, Radiesse can cause dramatic improvement in the nasolabial folds. Wrinkle lines or folds are really just the first obvious visible signs of a slow progressive change taking place in all structures of the face. Radiesse is not injected directly into these wrinkle lines and folds, but rather into multiple areas of the face to treat the volume loss that leads to their appearance. This leads to the subtle and natural-looking results that are so often desired. Because this is an art as much as it is a science, it is especially important to remember that the experience and technique of the physician injecting Radiesse is the most critical part to your achieving a beautiful, natural result. The photos below show the result of a patient I injected using Radiesse higher in the cheeks to create lift and volume.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/radiesse/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon