Is Radiesse Safe a Month After Juvederm?

I had Juvederm for the first time in my nasolabial folds. I LOVE IT! Have been doing Botox for years and my Dr. recommeded Radiesse, wanted to start of slow so tried Juvederm to start and my Dr. said he'd give me a big discount if I wanted to come back in the next 2 months for Radiesse. Is it safe in combination?

Can Radiesse be used Right After Restylane?

+1

Hi Over40.  Radiesse would be no problem 2 months after Restylane.

In many cases, an experienced practitioner will address different areas with these two products.  We use Radiesse much more in the upper cheeks than Restylane.  It is a "foundation" product that acts to scaffold and support the upper cheek.  

Combining Radiesse and Juvederm

+1

Radiesse and Juvederm are both great products for facial filling that can and frequently are used together.   Getting Radiesse 1 month after Juvederm is fine to do.  However, you just want to be careful not to overfill any particular area of the face.

Joshua Zeichner, MD

Radiesse and Juvederm

+1

I routinely use both Juvederm and Radiesse in one sitting on the same patient. As long as your Doctor is well trained and uses good technique, you should be fine.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse after Juvederm

+1

If Radiesse is placed more deep than the Juvederm it is fine, but we don't place it in the exact plane of the Juvederm while the Juvederm persists. Otherwise in a year or so, when the Juvederm dissolves, the radiesse can be placed by itself. Juvederm often is placed more superficially and the Radiesse deeper.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Use of Radiesse and Juvederm

+1

I have used these products in combination. To the best of my knowledge there are no contraindications to using these products either simultaneously or on a staggered schedule.

Radiesse can be used along with Juvederm in some cases

+1
Radiesse can be used after Juvederm treatment. However you should remember that putting more filler on top of a correction that is still doing its job may make you look overcorrected.

Elizabeth Slass Lee, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse is Safe After/Before/and During Juvederm

+1

Hi,

Radiesse is going to be running a campaign during July with publicity in Oprah magazine.  The company is providing discounts to physicians who purchase a lot of product, therefore physicians may be offering discounts.  It is certainly safe to combine Radisse with Juvederm, just be sure that it doesn't get injected in your lips or in your under eye hollows.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Safe, yes, but why switch?

+1

Radiesse is much more viscous than Juvederm and will be a firmer feel under the skin. It will last longer, and that is likely why your doctor wanted you to try out Juvederm first (and remember, Juvederm is reversible had you NOT liked it). I do this a lot, and most patients actually stick to what they like. Radiesse and Juvederm can be safely combined on the same day, so adding Radiesse a month later is no problem in an experienced injector's hands.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Combining Fillers - Radiesse, Juvederm, Restylane etc

+1

In the right hands and done for the proper reasons (or as doctors call them - indications), we frequently combine fillers and get better results.

Each filler has different characteristics, benefits and drawbacks. By properly placing certain fillers in certain locations where other fillers do not work we get the benefits of both fillers while limiting their drawbacks.

In your case, Juvederm / Restylane may be placed superficially in the skin nicely smoothing superficial and moderate wrinkles while Radiesse is very good for deep augmentation, especially next to the bone, where it can  smooth the chin to jowl notch, the depression next to the side of the nose etc.

Good Luck.