Radiesse Vs Restylane for Deep Frown Lines.

The expression lines between my eyes have become severe over the years. Recently, I got a dose of Dysport, but that did not do anything for me. I am considering getting a filler such as Radiesse or Restylane. Which one would work better. Since Radiesse is a bit more costly, I wanted to know if it would be worth it over the Restylane?

Filler for Frown LInes

+2

Let me preface this by saying I have no experience with Radiesse in the frown lines.  I do however have extensive experience using Restylane in this area, especially in combination with Botox.  The combination of these two can often be spectacular, and I have seen the Restylane last years when the patient has stayed commited to the use of Botox over time.  I would not recommend any filler in this region unless it is combined with a neurotoxin such as Botox or Dysport, as its longevity will be severely limited.

Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Best treatment for deep forehead frown lines

+1

Hi ELO,

I have found that a combination of neurotoxin (Botox or Dysport) and hyaluronic acid (Restylane or Juvederm Ultra) work very well for vertical glabellar lines (“the angry 11s” or “forehead frown lines”). The results seem to last longer and look better when the two are used in combination.  I would recommend against using Radiesse in the mid-forehead area because of the risk of injecting material into the prominent vessels in this area. Since the hyaluronic acid products are thinner products they can be injected pretty superficially and avoid the vessels. Hope this helps!

Dr.Sunder

Sarmela Sunder, MD

Best Treatment for Glabellar Lines (Deep Frown Lines)

+1

HI ELO,

The best treatment for glabellar lines (frown lines) is combining a filler (Restylane or Juvederm) with a neuromodulator (Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin).  Stay away from Radiesse injections in this area!

Dysport does work, but perhaps your injector either misplaced the injections or did not use the proper dosage.

When the glabellar line is filled and the muscles weakened simultaneously, there is a synergistic effect where the line often does not come back even when the Botox and filler would have worn off.

Choose your injecting physician most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Restylane - Radiesse - Botox

+1

Deep frown lines in the forehead occur because the corrugator muscle is very active.  The best way to improve this problem is to put the muscle "at rest" by injecting Botox or Dysport.  This will not only improve the lines but help to "retrain" you so that the muscle does not contract as much in the future.  Sometimes a very small amount of filler is used "off-label" to further improve the cosmetic result.  This is an area where great caution must be exercised -- be sure to seek out an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Deborah Sarnoff, MD

RADIESSE VS RESTYLANE FOR DEEP FROWN LINES

+1

Botox or Dysport should be used first. You may not need any fillers if the frown lines are not  too deep

Due to the presence of numerous blood vessels some of whom  can communicate with the retinal vessels, extreme caution is advised. I would use tiny amounts of Prevelle or Juvederm in conjunction with Botox or Dysport, following which, in the future, you may need only the Botox or Dysport.

I would advise against Radiesse in that area.

Eugene Mandrea, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Radiesse vs Restylane in Frown Linesl

+1

I prefer using the hyaluronic acids (Restylane or Juvederm) in these frown lines. I don't feel Radiesse lasts significantly longer in this location.

Best Way to Treat Deep Frown Lines Between the Eyes

+1

Neurotoxins such as Botox or Dysport are by far the best way to begin treatment for this area. If done properly, most superficial to moderate lines will nicely fade over time. If the lines are deep enough that they appear to be etched into the skin, a filler should be considered to complement the effect of the neurotoxin. I strongly believe, for many reasons, that Restylane or Juvederm are by far the best choices for this area. They give immediate, often dramatic, and long-lasting improvement. They are also quite safe. Deeper fillers, such as Radiesse, should not be used in this area for safety reasons. In fact, if you keep up with your Botox or Dysport injections in the future, the lines will not be likely to return so the filler should really be an initial, one time treatment.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and Restylane are safer choices between the eyebrows

+1

As there are many blood vessels between the eyebrows, many expert fillers such as myself avoid the use of thicker fillers in this area, to avoid occluding (blocking) any of these important vessels.  Juvederm and Restylane are great choices and can often laser over a year in this area if Botox is concurrently done.  Radiesse, Juvederm Plus and Perlane, on the other hand, I avoid in this area.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

No fillers like Radiesse or Restylane in the Glabellar area

+1

IMHO, no fillers whether it's Restylane, Radiesse or another filler should be placed in the Glabellar area (between the eyebrows). There are thin walled veins in this area that can be pinched off by the filler and if this happens a quarter sized section of skin will die in the mid forehead resulting in scarring. Only neurotoxins, IMO, should be used in this area.

Dysport/Botox and Restylane/Radiesse are great for glabella frown lines.

+1

Restylane or Radiesse both work great for frown lines between the eyebrows if you already have dysport/botox working.  Radiesse will last longer (1 yr) vs (6-9 months for restylane) and is worth the extra money. Both look natural though and you won't make a wrong choice with either one.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon