Can Radiesse Restore Volume in Cheeks?

I am 52 years old. I have been using Restylane for the folds around my mouth and nose.I have had some improvement. However, I notice that my skin is sagging (of course at my age.) I have lost some weight. If I pull my cheeks back slightly, my folds and sagging improve. Can the volume be replaced in one's face? Would Radiesse be a good product for this as it helps the body produce its own collagen? I have a long face, which does not help this matter.

Radiesse for volume in the cheeks

+1

It is important to understand the difference between "stimulatory" fillers and "wrinkle" fillers. When treating problems due to volume loss such as cheek hollows and sagging skin beside the mouth, I will almost always use stimulatory fillers such as Radiesse and/or Sculptra. They are injected more deeply, beneath the skin, and will generate more volume to create a much better lifting effect for sagging skin. They work by stimulating your skin to produce more collagen, which is why they are so effective, and give longer-lasting results too. I often combine Radiesse and Sculptra treatments for different areas of the face as I feel they each have certain advantages, when properly used, to fix specific problems due to volume loss.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Volume restoration in the cheeks

+1

Radiesse has helped many people with your issue. It is an immediate filler. When mixed with anesthetic it is not a painful treatment, usually. Sculptra is another treatment for this condition.This is more of a stimulant for new collagen rather than an immediate filler and often requires several treatment sessions. Both products could rarely cause lumps and bumps. Volumization of the cheeks can help support the smile creases and jowls and refresh your appearance without surgery, but it is not a replacement for a face lift.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Radiesse for cheek volume

+1

You have picked up on one of the most important concepts in facelifting - it is volume loss, not skin sagging that causes the most changes. By restoring volume to the cheeks and midface, the cheeks will be lifted, the nasolabial lines will diminish, and the jowls will decrease.

Radiesse (or Sculptra) is a good option for restoring volume. I have been using both products extensively sinceand have been very pleasd with the results. I have also been injecting Radiesse through and intra-oral approach (though the inside of the mouth) which gives natural results without any bruising - you can go immediately back to work Your plastic surgeon can tell you more about your options.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Midface Radiesse

+1

Good question. A major component of midface sagging, contributing to the folds around your mouth and nose (nasolabial fold) is loss of facial volume/fat as one ages. By filling up the midface area with own's fat or other product, the folds can improve. Radiesse is actually a good option for the midface area and lasts longer than restylane.

Good luck.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon