Radiesse or Restalyn for Bulbous Nose Tip and Wide Nostrils? (photo)

I am only a teen so my parents are making me get injectables before I get a nose job to make sure I really want one and I like the results. But will Radiesse or Restalyn fix a bulbous nose tip and wide african american nostirls? also how long does it last and if i never get a surgical nose job, will i have to keep getting injectables for the rest of my life? also, how much would a surgical nose job cost in the USA to fix a bulbous nose tip and wide nostrils?

Correct use of non surgical rhinoplasty

+1

The use of dermal fillers in non surgical rhinoplasty is great for correcting humps and irregularities, as well as building volume to the middle/top part of your nose. Unfortunately, it is not great at reducing the size or shape of the nasal tip. It is somewhat done, but is not likely to give great results in your case. I would wait until you feel it is appropriate and go for rhinoplasty. You will likely be much happier. 

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Appropriate age for rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

The injectibles add volume to a nose and are great for hiding bumps, making a slightly finer tip, or evening out irregularities.  For things like a broad bulbous tip or wide nostrils, you would have to get surgery.  If you are 16 or over, this is a common age for women to get rhinoplasties and it should be fine to do so.  The average cost ranges from 4-20K depending on who you see and what approach they use.

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Bulbous Tip and Wide Nostrils

+1

Hi,

I dont think that injectable fillers are a good idea for a bulbous tip and wide nostrils. Injectable fillers can be temporary fixes for elevating the bridge or naso-frontal angle but I would not suggest using them for the tip. You should find a surgeon with experience in African American rhinoplasty to refine your tip and narrow your nostrils. Cost can vary anywhere from 4500 to 12000 depending on the part of the country.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS