Can Radiesse Replace Orbital Rim Implants?

i have round eyes with lots of scleral show, also lots of flatness in my maxilla, right under my eyes. i would like to make my eyes more almond shaped, squintier. im pretty sure i can help my case with orbital rim implants but i dont think im quite ready to jump into an operation like that yet. i know they mimic malar implants with radiesse. can radiesse also be used to alleviate my round bulgy eyes by temporarily replacing orbital rim implants?

Radiesse versus Implants

+1

Radiesse is a great product which in many cases is like an injectable implant.  Radiesse is made out of similar material as your bone.  It gives a great result when injected in the cheeks and along the orbital rim.  However, you need a full evaluation prior to deciding which method is best for you.  Good luck.

Radiesse and Fillers in Face Versus Implants

+1

Hi Rad,

Best to consult with an expert in facial plastic surgery to discuss the best options for your goals.  There are a number of facial fillers that can be used in the cheek and malar area while only Restylane should be used in the immediate peri-ocular region.  Fillers are much more natural appearing than implants in the face. Choose your injecting physician most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Encino, CA

Michael A. Persky, MD

Radiesse used in place of orbital rim implants

+1

Radiesse when used off label can help with volume loss in the cheeks and around the eyes. It is not a replacement for implants by any means- and this question would be best answered in consultation with a physician (plastic surgeon) in the office. Your facial features and contours need to be evaluated and a thorough discussion of your expectations and complications should answer the questions you have.

Purvisha Patel, MD
Germantown Dermatologist

Using Radiesse to increase Eye socket Volume and reduce Bulging Eyes

+1

Regarding: "Can Radiesse Replace Orbital Rim Implants?
i have round eyes with lots of scleral show, also lots of flatness in my maxilla, right under my eyes. i would like to make my eyes more almond shaped, squintier. im pretty sure i can help my case with orbital rim implants but i dont think im quite ready to jump into an operation like that yet. i know they mimic malar implants with radiesse. can radiesse also be used to alleviate my round bulgy eyes by temporarily replacing orbital rim implants
?"

A photograph, especially from the side and the top of the head looking down, would have been very useful. It SOUNDS like you are describing findings associated with shallow eye sockets.

Such patients are notorious for a large number of complications involving eyelid surgery. Due to the lack of support of the lower lid, ANY process causing inflammation of the lower lids, will result in FURTHER worsening of exposure of the white of your eyes (SCLERAL SHOW) and even in dryness and ECTROPION (Google picture this term). Put another way, using a filler in this location is NO substitute to creating a solid extension ledge to the lower orbital rim as is created with some implants (such as Medpor). Placing Restylane will not help much and placing Radiesse, in an off label use may result in irreversible complications.

If you are not ready for these implants or a LeFort II advancement surgery to increase eyeball support, I would NOT go the route of Radiesse. It will not work and may actually worsen your condition.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Filler for the eyelid region

+1

REgardless of which filler, the injection near the eyelids is an off-label use, not approved by the FDA for this reason. I would suggest a thinner product such as Restylane or Juvederm for this reason rather than Radiesse as there are risks. If too much correction occurs then hyaluronidase can be injected to dissolve the Restylane or Juvederm but this couldn't be done with Radiesse.

Ronald Shelton, MD