Radiesse Removal Incision Method

Under my left eye is a white visible strip of Radiesse that looks like spaghetti noodle that's about an inch long. Should the incision for Radiesse removal be the full length of the "noodle"? I would hate to have a scar that long of a scar on my face. Can the incision be done in a natural crease, even though my natural eye crease is about 1/4 inch away from the "noodle”?

Radiesse under eye

Your case is why many surgeons are hesitant to use Radiesse under the eye. It is very difficult to give you exact recommendations without examining you first. Having said that, I doubt you would require an incision along the full length of the "noodle".

• If your treatment was recent (by that I mean in the last several weeks), I would wait it out until 8-12 weeks before I made any interventions.
  • If your treatment was longer than 3 months ago and the "noodle" is still very bothersome, I would first make a small incision directly over it and see if I could tease it out. I would be reluctant to make an incision along the entire length.

Remember, Radiesse is not a permanent filler and usually only lasts about 12 months. If I was unable to tease it out with a small incision, I would encourage you to wait longer to see if it natually gets reabsorbed. I would only consider a more invasive treatment if it was close to year and still no evidence of reabsorption. Good luck!