What Radiesse Regime is the Most Effective for the Worry Lines Between the Eyebrows?

Radiesse Regimen for Worry Lines between Eyebrows.

+1

Once you have received Botox Cosmetic or Dysport treatment to relax the muscle that contracts to make the glabellar lines, Radiesse can be injected to smooth out any residual visible wrinkle /line.

Radiesse in this area can last up to a year. I recommend that you continue Botox or Dysport treatments, which are typically spaced 3-4 months apart.

Radiesse should not be injected between the eyebrows.

+1

Hi.

Juvederm is safer and more effective under the skin, such as between the eyebrows.  Radiesse should be injected deeply, against the bone (chin or cheek bone for example).

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

+1

None.  No fillers should ever be injected in the Glabella which is the name for the area between the eyebrows.  This has been well documented and physicians and surgeons do know better but some choose to ignore the danger of this action.  

Injecting fillers in this area can cause collapse of the thin walled vein in this area.  When this happens, a quarter-sized area of skin dies in the center, of the forehead causing permanent scar and disfigurement.  Do not have injections here.  Botox can be used to weaken unwanted lines in the Glabellar but not fillers.  Do a search for forehead skin slough from Glabella filler injections.

Radiesse for lines between eyebrows

+1

The main goal of treatment of the lines between the eyebrows is  paralysing the muscles which are responsible for these lines. If that proves not to be enough, a filler can be tried. I wouldn't start with Radiesse as it is a thick, concentrated solutionof Calcium Hydroxyappatite, difficult to inject and to spread in this area.

I would use Juvederm or Restylane or even Prevelle the first time and always be careful to stay away from thesupratrochlear vessels.

Always make sure that you are being treated by an expereienced Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon.

Eugene Mandrea, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Radiesse is not for frown lines

+1

I believe that Radiesse should never be injected for frown lines between the eyes. Neurotoxins such as Botox or Dysport are combined, when necessary, with Restylane or Juvederm for the best results.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Soft tissue Fillers can be used in many areas of the face

+1

For the lines between the eyes I like to stick with the hyaluronic acid-based fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm. This is because this area has a greater risk of having  complications and it's always safer to stay with a product that can be "erased" if needed to minimize any long term issues. I also treat the area with botox to stabilize the movement. This makes the results look very natural and also longer lasting.

Doris Day, MD

Radiesse is not for glabellar wrinkles (the 11's)

+1

The glabellar area is one of the danger zones as far as injecting fillers is concerned and must be done by an experienced physician, a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with proper training and experience with injecting fillers.

The concern is compression or occlusion of blood vessels in the glabellar area causing necrosis (death of tissue) in the surrounding skin. 

The only fillers that I recommend in the glabella are hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane.  In the event of an occlusion of a blood vessels, hyaluronidase, an enzyme that dissolves hyaluronic acid can be injected to open up the blood flow.  That cannot be done with Radiesse.  Once Radiesse, an otherwise excellent filler for other facial areas, such as cheeks, temples and jowls, is injected into the skin, nothing but time can dissolve it.  The body dissolves Radiesse in approximately one year, which is too long to wait if there is an adverse event.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Keep it relaxed

+1

The most important thing is first to maintain a relaxed state between your brows.  This means regular trips to your dermatologist for either Botox or Dysport injections.  Hyaluronic acid products such as Juvederm or Restylane are more safely used in this area, due to the risk of vascular occlusion, which can be reversed with hyaluronidase.  Radiesse cannot be dissolved like hyaluronic acid products, so I prefer to use them i this area.

Laura Skellchock, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Best Treatments for Worry Lines Between Eyebrows

+1

The treatment of choice in this area is a neurotoxin such as Botox or Dysport followed by a hyaluronic acid filler about two weeks later.  This regimen allows the neurotoxin to relax the muscles first so a smaller amount of filler is necessary.  Some people won't need filler at all!  I do not inject Radiesse in this area.

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Frown lines

+1

The best results are obtained by the combination of Botox and Fillers for deep frown lines.