What Should I Do When 2 Radiesse Injections in 2 Months Had No Results?

I had one vial injected of Radiesse into my nasal folds, and cheek area. Was told to come back in 4 wks. and have another vial injected "to make any corrections". When I did return, I mentioned I really didn't see a change yet, and they said it takes about 6 wks. Now a month later after the 2nd injection, I still see nothing! I look as haggard as I did 2 months ago! Do I go back and tell them this or I am "out of the norm"? Very disappointed.

Radiesse results are seen right away.

+1

Hi.

I am not sure what went wrong, but your story is very unusual.  I suggest you get another consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

No improvement from Radiesse

+1

Without seeing a photo, it is impossible to ascertain whether there was a slight improvement or none.   I agree with another poster that one must evaluate whether you were, in fact, a viable candidate for Radiesse or were at the point where surgical intervention would have been required.  My patients see significant improvement from two syringes, administered in the same sitting, but it is important to be judicious both in injection and patient selection.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Not enough Radiesse

+1

Greetings~

I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed with your results. Without seeing you or at least a photo, it is difficult to say what you can expect with 2 syringes of Radiesse. Chances are, unfortunately, you may just need more Radiesse.  We use a great deal of Radiesse in our practice for exactly those areas and though 2 syringes may sound like quite a bit of filler, when it comes to augmenting the cheeks and correcting the nasolabial folds 2 syringes is not unrealistic and for most may be just a start.  It's important to know before you even start how much filler it will take to see the results you're hoping for.  If that amount of filler is not possible for you sometimes it may be better to delay treatment until you can do the right amount so you aren't disappointed with the results.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

+1

Radiesse des work for cheek augmentation and you might go to another MD for the injections.  If the Radiesse doesn't do enough, Cheek Implants surely will.

How to get the best results from Radiesse injections

+1

Because filler injections are an art as much as it is a science, it is especially important to remember that the experience and technique of the physician injecting Radiesse is the most critical part to your achieving a beautiful, natural result. Wrinkle lines or folds are really just the first obvious visible signs of a slow progressive change taking place in all structures of the face. Radiesse is often not injected directly into these wrinkle lines and folds, but rather into multiple areas of the face to treat the volume loss that leads to their appearance. This leads to the subtle and natural-looking results that are so often desired. I will frequently begin fixing nasolabial folds by restoring the volume lost along the cheekbones, creating a much better "lift" for the area. Restoring volume can often create a much more natural look than by having a face lift or plastic surgery.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse results immediate

+1

Typically patients have immediate results from Radiesse. It is true that there may be a delayed onset of collagenesis and volume from this filler but typically this is more gradual.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse is a volumizer.

+1

Radiesse is a powerful volumizer.  Each syringe that gets injected is roughly 30% active particles and 70% carrier gel.  It takes 3 months for the carrier gel to disappear.  Once the active particles are exposed to the tissues, the body will then process them.  This will leave behind collagen to add volume to your tissues.  This process can take several months.  Several injections of Radiesse are often needed to build long-lasting volume.  I would recommend that you give it time and try the second injections.

Good luck,

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse results

+1

I am unsure why you were told you might not see results until 6 weeks, as filler injection results should be much more immediate than that, even with Radiesse which is injected at a deeper level. I rarely use more than two syringes on these areas unless people have very, very deep NLF lines, in which case a third may be necessary. I would suggest you return to the injector for re-evaluation and possibly consider seeing another board-certified physician for suggestions too.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Fillers

+1

I think fillers are over used and some times doctors and patient expect a lot from fillers.

If your nasolabial fold is deep enough and require a face lift, then fillers are going to be disappointing. Fillers do not replace a face lift, nor approach the results.

Have a consult by a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON (AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY) who can give you an advise to achieve the results you desire, before spending more money on fillers.

Radiesse results

+1

It may be that you just didn't have enough injected or it was injected into the wrong areas to make a difference.  In many people, augmenting the cheeks and filling the nasolabial folds takes more than a total of only 2 syringes. 

Michelle Spring, MD