Can I Use Radiesse if I Already Have Permanent Facial Implants?

I have had permanent implants which have become hard inside the mouth and close to marionette lines. Can I use Radiesse for my marionnette lines because the nodules from the permanent implants are away from the marionnettes lines and do not show from outside I can only feel them from inside. If the answer is yes what would be the consequences?

Radiesse and Permanent Facial Implants

+1

You should not have any problems using Radiesse just make sure you have a skilled injector as to minimize infection.  If the implants do get infected they would need to be removed.

"Dr.D"

Web reference: http://www.capefearaesthetics.com/details/radiesse-17/

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

It’s safe to use Radiesse around surgical implants

+1

As for surgical implants, I think it’s safe to use Radiesse around them. But, if you’ve had silicon or injectable implants, such as Artefill, then it is best not to use other fillers. They can stimulate a foreign body that can cause lumpiness.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Radiesse Injections

+1

You should not have any problems with the Radiesse injections.  However, please make sure that you are using a skilled injector using sterile technique.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Fillers can be done with implants but carefully

+1

The most important aspect of using fillers within an area of preexisting implants, is not to cause the implant to get infected as it would have to be removed. The risk of infection after fillers is extremely low, but the physician should use diligent aseptic techique.

Radiesse is okay after facial implants

+1

Injecting Radiesse in patients with facial implants should not be a problem.  Radiesse is made from calcium hydroxyapetite and this should not react with the relatively inert implant material.  I think Radiesse works well in the marionette line but I think it should be used with caution in the lips.

Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon