Can Radiesse Be Made a Permanent Filler?

Radiesse cannot be made permanent.

+2

Radiesse is classified as a temporary dermal filler. Depending on how it is injected it can last up to 18 to 24 months. It does have collagen stimulating properties , which contributes to its longevity. Radiesse cannot be "changed" into a permanent.

Is Radiesse Permanent?

+1

Hi Cosmetic.  Radiesse is not permanent.  The product is dissolved naturally over a period of approximately 1 year.  There are more permanent fillers, but the risk of more permanent fillers is that if you are not happy with the results, you may be stuck with them.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Can Radiesse be a permanent filler

+1

No, Radiesse is not a permanent filler.

That's both the good and the bad news.

It's good because if you don't like the results, you're not stuck with them forever.

It's bad because if you like the results, you won't have them forever.

Remember, even if you like the results today, as your face ages you might not like the way it looks years later in an older face. That's why I will not inject permanent fillers. I'd rather do "touch up" injections as my patients age. I sleep better with that knowledge and my patients do too!

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse is a Temporary Filler

+1
No, Radiesse cannot be made into a permanent filler. It was designed to be a long lasting but temporary filler.                                                        

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse

+1

Regarding: "Can Radiesse Be Made a Permanent Filler?"

Alchemy does not exist. You cannot make something into something it has no potential of being.

Radiesse is a long-lasting (over a year) filler. Like all fillers, it has temporary long lasting benefits and temporary long lasting potential complications. Factor this into your thinking. A permanent filler have permanent complications.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Radiesse is not a permanent filler

+1

Radiesse can not be changed into a permanent filler. Once the Radiesse dissolves other products may be used but permanent fillers do have serious risks. If you are not happy with the result you may have to live with it because it is not easy to reverse the effect of permanent fillers without surgery and that will leave a scar and possible deformity. There have been delayed reactions to permanent fillers even twenty years later that can be deforming. Temporary fillers are more safe.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Radiesse is not permanent

+1

Quite simply, no. Radiesse is not permanent. Artecoll, artefill, silicone are permanent fillers. The downside is that they are permanent and problems related to the placement of these fillers are permanent.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can Radiesse Be Made Into a Permanent Filler

+1

no.......................................................................................................................

Michael A. Persky, MD

Radiesse Filler

+1

Unfortunately, Radiesse, is not a permanent filler. It last about one year.It cannot be made into a permanent filler.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon