Radiesse Does NOT Last on Me- Could It Be Possible That Perlane Will?

Hello, I have spent several thousands on Radiesse now trying to achieve high cheekbones. Sadly, I seem to just eat right through this product! It literally lasts 3 months at MOST (even after larger quantities are placed- it just doesn't matter). My Doctor suggested that Perlane may be a better solution/I may have greater longevity in this product. Please, could someone tell me if this is true? I hope so b/c I simply can't continue with Radiesse. Thank you and I hope to find a solution...

Longevity of cheek filler

+1

Radiesse tends to last at least nine months if not more than a year.  If yours doesn't then it might be an unusual metabolism you have for the product of it's the technique.  With the same physician, try Perlane or Juvederm UltraPlus or Perlane, which are the thicker hyaluronic acids, or fat injetions, or Sculptra.  These volumizers work differently, and I am confident that regardless of the lack of benefit you had with the Radiesse, that your doctor will find a material that will last more than six months for you. If not, then you should get a second opinion.

Radiesse vs Perlane for Cheek Augmentation

+1

Greetings~

We use Radiesse all the time for cheek augmentation with wonderful results.  It's surprising to hear that yours is wearing away so quickly. Perlane can also be used for cheek augmentation and provide very nice results but generally I have not seen it last longer than Radiesse, though every patient is different.  If it is a permanent change you desire, I would definitely consider looking in to the idea of cheek implants and discussing the procedure with a board certified Plastic Surgeon.  Prior to going the surgery route I would give the Perlane a try, in the event that it may work very well for you and provide the correction and longevity you seek.  It's worth a try. You may also consider trying a different injector. Technique and placement can effect longevity. So again, before moving on to surgery this is another option you may consider.

Best of luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens  

Grant Stevens, MD

Will Perlane help when Radiesse doesn't?

+1

In our experience, Radiesse tends to be a better option than the hyaluronic acid dermal fillers (Perlane, Restylane, Juvederm, etc) when a patient is not maintaining expected duration.  Generally, we have not found it to be the reverse as you are asking although anything is possible.

As other panel members suggested, technique may be an issue as well as realistic expectations as to what dermal fillers are able to achieve.  You may want to consider an evaluation/treatment with a different practitioner before resorting to cheek implants.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

There are Other Options Beside Radiesse

+1

I have had patients where Radiesse in the cheeks does not seem to last very long and I know it has been properly injected (by me). It just doesn't seem to stimulate collagen like it should.  Radiesse is comprised of calcium-based microspheres suspended in a water-based gel which works by stimulating your own collagen which then acts to volumize tissue in a progressive and predictable manner. In those patients where Radiesse did not work, I have used Sculptra with greater success. Sculptra is a sugar molecule and also works by stimulating your own collagen but in a different way. It is an excellent way to enhance cheeks without going through surgery and is much longer lasting than the other fillers.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse vs. Perlane for Cheek Augmentation

+1

If Radiesse is not working for you then Perlane or Juvederm Ultra Plus would be other options. My experience would dictate that neither of these products will last longer than Radiesse; hyaluronic acid fillers may last 7-9 months, compared to Radiesse which lasts 9-12 months. Product volume and injection techniques may play a role here, but I gather from your statement that you are happy after the treatment, just not with the short duration the product lasts. Other options to consider would be fat grafting or cheek implants, both of which should be performed by an experienced surgeon. Best wishes.

Kenneth Dembny, II, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Cheeck fillers

+1

I am not sure that perlane will last longer than Radiesse. Why Radoesse is not lasting in you, I am not sure, technique or material.

Fat transfer is another option that looks and FEELS natural and does not need any maintainance.

Cheeck implants are long lasting , but like any implant have their own pros and cons and need maintainance.

Discuss all these options with your BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON (AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY), THEN MAKE YOUR DECISION

Fillers vs. cheek implants for fuller cheeks.

+1

Cheek implants are a much better choice for you rather than repeated fillers. The silicone implants last forever and the only complication in expert hands is infection, which is uncommon.

Perlane shouldn't last longer than perlane.

+1

I use Radiesse, Perlane and Cheek implants for cheek augmentation and Perlane historically doesn't last longer than Radiesse...8-9 months vs about 12 months for Radiesse.  The typical amount of Radiesse that I use to shape the cheeks is 1.5 cc's for each cheek.  If that amount, or more, was used and the effects went away in 3 months, you could try Perlane or consider cheek implants.

Radiesse vs Perlane

+1

Radiesse, in general, lasts a good long time. However if that is not your case, Perlane may be worth trying. The injection technique is also something to question>

David A. Bray, Sr., MD