Is It Too Soon to Tell if I Radiesse Was Overfilled?

I had Radiesse and Belotero injected into my naso labial fold 2 days ago. One side of my mouth looks a little bit plumper than the other and I can feel the filler under the skin. The other side looks and feels normal. Is this normal? I don't think I'm swollen if that helps at all.

Radiesse and Belotero in nasolabial folds

+2

It can take several days and sometimes a few weeks for Radiesse and Belotero to settle in after they are injected.  Since your nasolabial folds were injected only two days ago, I would wait some more time and most likely things will even out.  If you still have a concern after a couple of weeks, I would return to your treating physician to be evaluated.   

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Two days after injectables

+2

Two days is too soon to assess much. I usually tell people to wait a minimum of two weeks before we assess the results of fillers, as it's hard right now to tell what's filler, what's swelling, and what's bruising. Typically Radiesse is injected deeper, which can result in more swelling and bruising in general, and a lot of that is under the surface! So before you worry, give it a bit of time.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Two Days after Belotero and Radiesse to Nasolabial Fold

+2

Two days after injection of Belotero and Radiesse to the nasolabial folds is a bit too early to determine overfilling.  Give a couple of weeks before assessing overfilling.  Belotero is made to inject in a very superficial manner. 

When to expect the final results

+2

Two days is too soon to assess the final results. It is always advisable to wait at least one and preferably two weeks for all of the swelling to resolve before assessing the results of filler injections, especially a hyaluronic acid filler like Belotero. I always recommend waiting several weeks for the swelling to go down after the treatment before considering any "touch-up" treatments

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse

+2

It's too soon to tell. Allow 3 to 4 days to go by and then look at it.  Also go back to. Your doctor for his opinion.  Apply ice to area now 3  to 4  times daily for  5  minutes 

Lewis M. Feder, MD

+1

At two days you probably still have a significant amount of swelling, even if it doesn't look that way.  I would generally advise waiting at least two weeks, and more like four weeks, before making a decision on whether or not additional filler is indicated.  That applies to asymmetry, too.  Asymmetry is common - for all parts of the body, and all procedures.  And having some at this relatively early stage is not necessarily a cause for concern.  You should, of course, discuss this with your PS and have in place a plan for what you will do, and when, assuming you want to have things evened out, to whatever degree is possible.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

To early

+1

It can take up to 14 days for most of the swelling to go away in most people. If you have an allergic reaction it may take longer.

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Two days after facial fillers

+1

Thanks for the question. I frequently use Rediesse and its too early to say its too much or not. At this stage most fillers have swelling and specially the combination used for you. The filling effect lasts longer than some other fillers like Restalyn once its settled. I am sure it will even out and wish you good luck.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Swelling following treatment with Radiesse

+1

Swelling will still be a factor 2 days after your treatment. I would recommend waiting around 2 weeks before coming to conclusions about your final result. In the meantime, your physician should be able to answer any questions you have. I hope this helps, and  I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Swelling After Radiesse

+1

Swelling from any filler, especially radiesse can take up to 2 weeks to settle down.  At which time one can definitively say whether there was overcorrection.  Good luck!

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon