Radiesse in the Nose?

I had Rhinoplasty a year ago. And I have a little dip or curve on one side of my nose. My PS said it wasn't worth going under the knife again for what i have and the results may not be guaranteed. So he suggested using a small amount of Radisese next to the bone. He said the results could last forever. Is it safe to use in the nose? And if they are, why aren't fillers FDA approved for the nose? I don't know what to do, if I should just leave it alone or use the filler?

Radiesse in the nose certainly can be used, but there can be complications

+1

Radiesse in the nose certainly can be used, but there can be complications with the product injected into the nose.  The first thing is to go to an experienced injector and be aware that the FDA has not approved filler in the nose.  This means that it has never been rigorously studied, but there are medical journal articles that describe injections of filler in the nose.  In general, it is safer to use hyaluronic acid filler (such as Juvederm or Restylane) in the nose because it is reversible with Hyaluronidase.  This is because if you don’t like the result, it can be altered.  And, if there is the unusual circumstance of an occlusion in a blood vessel in the nose which can be extremely problematic it is much easier to treat that with Hyaluronidase.  Radiesse is not reversible. 

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Radiuses works for liquid face lift and Nasal defects

+1

You can have Radiesse injected deeply into nose to lessen or eliminate The nasal defect. We also use any of the HA fillers to serve as a Correction. Patients are amazed at the simplicity of the procedure, It's low cost, the lack of any downtime, it's relatively long longevity (9-24 Months), and the fact that most never realized that this was a possIbility. Most patients were under the false impression that surgery was their only option. Good luck.!

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse for revision rhinoplasty...

+1

Using Radiesse to adjust the results of a rhinoplasty can be done effectively if performed by a knowledgeable rhinoplasty surgeon.   Injecting small amounts of Radiesse into the nasal area to plump up the indented area, is a cost effective and less invasive method to fix the problem area.   The cost of a Radiesse injection to the nose is about $1,000 in comparison to about $7,000 to $10,000 for rhinoplasty.  Radiesse is approved by the FDA for injecting into facial wrinkles, and it can be used as an off-label injection for the nose.  Silicone may also be used for small indentations.  Consult your facial plastic surgeon to see your best options. 

Shain A. Cuber, MD
Edison Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse in the Nose

+1

Radiesse is commonly used in the nose and is quite safe to use in this location when you have an experienced physician injector. It won't last forever but should last for many years at which time it can be repeated as necessary. This is certainly a much better alternative than surgery. Many fillers (in not most) are used in numerous areas for which they are not FDA approved due to the complexity and expense for the FDA approval process.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Non-surgical rhinoplasty with Radiesse

+1

Radiesse, a long-lasting filler, can be used at times and in small amounts to improve nasal shape and contour without further need for surgery. It's never placed superficially because it will have an unnatural appearance, but can be placed deeply to correct depressed areas.

Radiesse often lasts for several years, but will not likely be permanent, so repeat injections every few years may be necessary.

Chad L. Prather, MD
Baton Rouge Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse

+1

Radiesse is an accepted filler for small nasal defects. However, i would not count on it being a permanent solution. You can repeat as needed

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Radiesse injections for the nose

+1

Yes, Radiesse injections in the nose are a very effective non-invasive way to improve shape and symmetry of the nose.  The results will not last forever, but may last a year or more.  Another alternative if you are unsure is to use an HA product like Juvederm Ultra Plus XC which can be injected similar to Radiesse.  If you do not like the injections, we have another injection which can be used to melt the juvederm away.

David Shafer, MD

Radiesse for non surgical rhinoplasty works well.

+1

Hi.

As with any procedure, it has to be done very skilfully, but small amounts of Radiesse injected deeply against the nasal bone can make a huge improvement.  Not permanent, but may well last two years.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Radiesse in the nose

+1

Radiesse, like many products, will never be approved for many of the indications that it is used for.

this is because the approval process is very expensive and time consuming and to do this for each separate indication would be cost prohibitive.

Radiesse does not last forever but is a longer lasting filler (eg months-years).

In general it is safe to use in small amounts in the nose. there is some question about using it after surgery but I think that it is safe in small amounts.

Kenneth Beer, MD
Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon