Radiesse Migrated to Under my Nose?

Had Radiesse injected 3 days ago, nasolabial. Possibly improper injection or product migrated! I can feel a large bulge under nostril from inside mouth. If I press on cheek, I can feel it against my septum! Or could this still be localized swelling? Is removal possible from inside mouth?

Radiesse is difficult to remove

+1

More Radiesse can be injected to try to break this up or it can be surgically removed if the product has migrated to an unwanted area.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Radiesse

+1

Radiesse DOES NOT migrate

It was injected there.

See the person who injected you and ask your questions and concerns.

Radiesse as a filler

+1

Some times when the triangle of depression at the upper smile fold is treated, right below the level of the nostril, a significant amount of filler is needed to raise the area and while this is slowly elevating some product pushes its way through the looser planes of tissue to create more of a lumpiness below. In your case it might be product that you feel but as long as it's not visible, it may be providing the support for the filler at the upper smile fold giving you a better aesthetic outcome. You should see your doctor so they can examine you and note your exam for the future to see if this is a recurrent occurrence for you.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Radiesse Injections

+1

It is very unusual for Radiesse to migrate.  3 days after injection, you likely have swelling.  However, there is no way of knowing about the injection technique that your injector used.  If you are concerned, then you should return to the injector's office for an evaluation.  However, it usually takes about 1 to 2 weeks for Radiesse to settle and become incorporated into the tissue.  During the first 1 to 2 weeks, the product may be palpable under the skin without any visible lumps.  Good luck

David Shafer, MD