Is Radiesse Safe on Nose with Silicon Implant?

Hi I am Asian and I got a silicon implant on the bridge of my nose last yr. I now want to try Radiesse injections for the tip of my nose. Is it safe to do considering I have the silicon on the bridge? Can a reaction occur?

Radiesse, Is it Safe to Inject in a Nose with a Silicone Implant?

+2

Hi Mz,

The biggest risk that you face with a silicone implant in the nose is infection. Anything that you do to your nose, especially injections, increases the possibility of infection.

That having been said, it is possible to inject your nose with filler. Minimal amounts should be used under sterile conditions. You should be premedicated with an appropiate antibiotic, and finish a complete course.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Radiesse and silicone in the nose

+1

There is always the very rare possibility of developing an acute or delayed infection any time a needle penetrates the skin. There have been times that an infection developed at an implant site, years later when another procedure disturbed its environment. Bacteria can accumulate on the surface of the implant and remain idle for years but a new filler, injected near it might awaken this “biofilm” and a reaction could rarely occur. This is a theory for some latent infections that have been reported but their numbers are scarce. You should know that there is such a rare outcome as this, and if it happens, the implant would probably need to be removed.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Radiesse for Nasal Tip Augmentation

+1

Given the fact the a silicone implant exist under the skin, anything that is done to your nose that is invasive can increase the risks. Risks include infection and subsequent exposure. Now if the implant comes short to the tip then I would say the risk is less. I would recommend staying very far away from the implant when injecting the tip.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD