Will I Have Less Side Effects with Radiesse on the Nose?

I have been researching about Radiesse and it looks like something that would get the results I want, but I eventually want something permanent like Artefill. If I like what the filler does I would like to do something permanent.

However, I have read many very scary reviews about Radiesse, such as lumps, black eyes, swelling, and things like that, but mostly from people putting this in their face. Is it correct to assume that I wouldn't have those problems if I were putting far less of this stuff just in the very tip of my nose?

No

+1

There have been many problems when physicians have had Radiesse placed in the nose. The company itself does not recommend it.

If you think Radiesse had problems, Artefill has had more (considering that it was much less used), mostly due to the late formation of granulomas. At any rate the company has gone belly up and quite a few of the physicians that had the product are no longer injecting it.

Restylane and Juvederm (hyaluronic acid fillers) can be given in this area. Perhaps, when Evolence Breeze ( a collagen filler) is approved, this might be another option for you.

Good luck..

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

You have it all wrong

+1

Even a small amount of Radiesse in the tip of your nose can cause problems in this senstitve area.  HA products like Restylane are better.  Absolutely, never use a permanent filler in the future though because of the uncorrectable problems associated with these!

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS