Is It Ok to Have Radiesse Nose Injection 5 Months After Restylane Nose Injection? Fly Immediately After Radiesse Nose Injection?

(1) I had 1st Restylane injection to nose bridge 5 months ago. ~4.5 months ago (2 weeks later), I had 2nd Restylane injection to nose as touch up. Currently, my nose still maintain at least 50% of the shape vs. immediately after 2nd Restylane injection. Is it safe to have Radiesse nose injection ~4.5 months after Restylane nose injection? Does it affect the nose shape since Radiesse is injected to nose that still contain some Restylane?(2)Is it ok to go long flight immediately after Radiesse?

Non-Surgical Nose Enhancement with Fillers

+2

Regarding: "Is It Ok to Have Radiesse Nose Injection 5 Months After Restylane Nose Injection? Fly Immediately After Radiesse Nose Injection?
(1) I had 1st Restylane injection to nose bridge 5 months ago. ~4.5 months ago (2 weeks later), I had 2nd Restylane injection to nose as touch up. Currently, my nose still maintain at least 50% of the shape vs. immediately after 2nd Restylane injection. Is it safe to have Radiesse nose injection ~4.5 months after Restylane nose injection? Does it affect the nose shape since Radiesse is injected to nose that still contain some Restylane?(2)Is it ok to go long flight immediately after Radiesse
?"

I agree with the comments by Dr. Weiner. Plastic surgeons are charged from their first day in training to "Replace Like (tissue) with Like (tissue)" and when it comes to the nose to avoid putting in materials which God would not have put there. The advantage of Hyaluronic acid fillers (Restylane, Perlane and Juvederm) is that our bodies produce the same material, they are well tolerated, they last a long period of time and CAN be dissolved if you do not like the appearance. Radiesse on the other hand is a great filler to layer against bone but since it contains the equivalent of sea coral powder it will result in scar deposition which may interfere with the nose skin blood supply, the texture of the skin and with subsequent nose surgery.

As regards flying, there is no reason you should not be able to fly after your filler injections.

Dr. Peter Aldea

You can have Radiesse after having Restylane

+1

You can have Radiesse after having Restylane. You want to give it about a month to settle in before getting another injectable because you want to determine what component is swelling or bruising. But there’s not a contraindication if you’ve used a hyaluronic acid filler like Restylane initially to then use a calcium based product afterwards.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Radiesse for nose as a filller

+1

Radiesse can be injected deeper than Restylane or Juvederm but there is a risk of blood flow compromise which can cause a complication. The procedure is not risk-free so discuss this with your physician. An ulceration can cause a scar in this area.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Radiesse for nose once restylane in place

+1

If you are to embark on further injecting your nose, make sure you have an experienced physician injector. The two products can be layered on each other, but great care has to be taken the there is no vascular compromise. Flying 4hrs after injection should be safe, assuming that the fillers were injected correctly.

Purvisha Patel, MD
Germantown Dermatologist

Caution with injectable fillers into the nose

+1

While injectable filler treatments into the nose are easy to do and make an immediate difference, they are not complication free. While I am not aware of any material interactions between Restylane and Radiesse, it would be prudent to wait until one thinks all of the previous injectable filler has resorbed before introducing a different one. You do not want to develop some type of inflammatory reaction on your nose if it can be avoided. There are no restrictions to flying after any injectable filler treatment.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Injections of filler in the nose, not as safe as once thought

+1

There are more and more reports of complications coming from nasal injections with fillers of vascular compromise.  Prior nasal surgery puts you at particular risk.  After knowing that, and you still want to get it done, I would only recommend using an HA filler (Restylane, Juvederm, Perlane) because there is a way to dissolve these products if a problem arises.  Radiesse can not be dissolved and posses a problem if an issue happens.  There is no problem with "mixing" fillers by injection the same area as a prior injection.

Steven F. Weiner, MD