How Much Radiesse Do I Need for a Nose Injection?

I found I good deal on 1.3ml but I'm not sure if that's enough? Would it be better to get 1.5ml?

Radiesse and Nose Injections

+1

Be cautious when injecting Radiesse into your nose.  Radiesse is a great filler in many locations--except in the nose area.  It can create permanent damage to the soft tissues of the nose.  Any injection of Radiesse is an off label injection.  There are better filler and surgical options for patients considering improving their nose which are safer and more aesthetically pleasing.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Smoothing the nose with Radiesse

+1

A 1.3 cc syringe is more than enough (a .8cc syringe should be plenty for just a nose) generally speaking to correct a nose but be careful....getting the best price doesn't always mean you are getting the best injector and when it comes to correcting a nose that's a tricky area and you should choose someone with experience.  I would also caution you to be careful with the age or expiration of the product...1.3 cc syringes were long ago replaced with 1.5cc so if someone is still advertising the 1.3's they may have some old product they are trying to get rid of.   This is your face...and the middle of your face to be more precise...you don't want it done wrong and unlike the HA fillers, there is no way to dissolve the Radiesse if it doesn't look the way you want it to.  In the proper hands, Radiesse can look fantastic...in the wrong hands it can be a fiasco.  Be careful.

Grant Stevens, MD

Radiesse for Nose

+1

Radiesse is available in different volumes: 0.3ccs, 0.8ccs, and 1.5ccs. The nose shouldn't need more than 0.5 ccs of Radiesse at any one injection session so I would recommend going with the 0.8 cc syringe. Make sure your injecting professional has vast experience with injections of Radiesse into the nasal area as poor injection technique is difficult to reverse with this product.

Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

1.3 ml Radiesse enough for nose injection

+1

Most of the time, less than 0.5 ml's are needed to correct contour irregularities on the nose.

I echo the other physicians' concern about "a good deal" in that price shouldn't be the primary motivating factor in deciding who or where the procedure will be performed.

Lawrence A. Osman, MD
Woodland Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

Regarding:  "How Much Radiesse Do I Need for a Nose Injection?  I found I good deal on 1.3ml but I'm not sure if that's enough? Would it be better to get 1.5ml?"

Your question is rather unusual. It sounds as if you are planning on injecting yourself. In the vast majority of cases a small syringe of filler adequately hides and smooths MOST nose deformities. If your doctor suggests more EITHER your nose is not suitable for a non-surgical rhinoplasty OR he is planning on using it to fill other areas of your face.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Radiesse and the "Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty"

+1

Hi Keycutter,

Whoa!  Only very small amounts of Radiesse should be used to augment the nose during the "Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty" procedure.  0.2 ml to 0.5 ml is more than enough in most noses.  The remainder of the syringe can be used in other areas of the face that could use more volume.  Do not have 1.3 ml of Radiesse in your nose.  I would recommend a skilled and experienced rhinoplasty surgeon as the physician of choice.  As a previous patient of mine learned the hard way after being injected with Radiesse by another physician, once Radiesse is in the nose, it can look very bad for a very long period of time.  It should be used most carefully.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Radiesse amount for nasal correction

+1

It is difficult to estimate the volume of Radiesse you would need for correction of a nasal imperfection without assessing the area or reviewing pictures. Radiesse is an excellent product for nasal correction. For the nasal area, a small volume is typically all you need for optimal correction. 

Anifat Balogun, MD

A good deal??

+1

The best "deal" for treatment is the use of a good product (Radiesse is very good) by a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist. Be careful with offers of discounts. This usually indicates a sub-standard operation looking for business. That said, it is rarely necessary or advised to use so much Radiesse on the nose. 0.3cc is usually enough and too much risks the complication of necrosis from compression.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Radiesse for filler of the nose

+1

Radiesse volume for use as a volumizer of nasal depressions is different for every patient. You would need an in-person examination to determine how much volume is needed. It would be rare that you would need more than 0.8 to 1.3 cc for a nose. Some only need 0.3 or less.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Qualification of injector is more important than the price of filler

+1

Unfortunately it's impossible to tell how much Radiesse you will need for a nose correction without seeing the area that needs injection.  Radiesse comes in 0.8 cc syringes and 1.5 cc syringes, although syringes can be split up using sterile technique.

With a filler like Radiesse, one would judge visually how much correction is being done during the time of the injection, because the correction is done in one session, unlike a filler like Sculptra which is a gradual correction done over several sessions 3-4 weeks apart.

The most important part of getting a filler injection is the qualification of the injector, not the price of the filler.  Make sure the doctor injecting the product is a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with experience injecting dermal fillers in general, and Radiesse in particular.

Radiesse is a great dermal filler, but unlike hyaluronic acid fillers which can be dissolved with hyaluronidase if there is a problem, Radiesse is there for the better part of one year until it is dissolved by the body itlself.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon